Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Schott's Peacoats - Sizing Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by upenox, Dec 3, 2008.

1. upenox

upenox Member

Hi all, I am wanting to get a Schott's peacoat, and a relative found some in a store which is out-of-state for me, so I'm trying to get the sizing right. I know others have said to drop down a size (e.g. get a 36 if you wear a 38) in order to get more of a slim fit out of these, which is what I want. My chest measures about 38.25" when slightly inhaling, and I went and tried on sports coats and the 38's were a little bit tight in the underarms I think as I could tell it was a little tight when I crossed my arms. A 40S seems to be a good fit as far as suit jackets go for me. So what I'm wondering, if anyone else is around the same size as me and owns a Schott's peacoat, is what size do you think would be better? Thanks! [​IMG] upen

2. jchosko

jchosko Senior member

i fit a 40 off the rack about how you describe fitting a 38, and generally wear a 42, and my schott pea coat is a 40 and fits quite well. hope this helps.

3. upenox

upenox Member

i fit a 40 off the rack about how you describe fitting a 38, and generally wear a 42, and my schott pea coat is a 40 and fits quite well. hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Hmm, ok, I may just go ahead and try a 38 for now.

4. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

I wear a 42 jacket...bought a 42 military peacoat, fits and is trim.