• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Sample Sale (Elizabeth, NJ)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I managed to beat some of the flippers to a few things...some may end up on B&S as I want to try and finance some XMas gifts for my kids, but overall a cool experience. Got to see where most of their stuff is made (the Made in USA stuff) and they had a cool sample room with lots of one offs. Employees were nice as hell. They said people were camped out at 6:30AM so I'm sure they were pro flippers...if you're into Schott check eBay the next few days for some cool leather coats, but don't expect to pay sample sale prices...
frown.gif

Anyway, a brief visual:
IMG_1705-1.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

A couple of items I got:
Nice Wool Plaid "shirt jacket"...heavy as hell, Made in Canada
IMG_1708.jpg

And this bitchin' denim peacoat...a smaple that wasn't quite finished, their first foray into denim...brought it to Ercoles to finish up (pattern was still in the pocket) Can't wait to wear this:
IMG_1706.jpg

Anyway, it just down the block from my favorite Portuguese steakhouse, Valencia where they serve Filet on a Stone and you get to cook your own steak on a hot stone at your table with garlic butter and olive oil to taste...mmmm. Curious to see if any of you guys made it out and what you scored.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what were the prices like?

is that denim peacoat warm at all? i love that one from mr freedom (way out of my price range though)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
what were the prices like?

is that denim peacoat warm at all? i love that one from mr freedom (way out of my price range though)

Yea, its very warm, quilted lining. Prices were across the board, some stuff wasn't much cheaper than retail, but if you dug in the sample room you could find some cool stuff under $100. A buddy of mine (much slimmer than me) found a leather belt for $5, and a cool button down collar Schott NYC workshirt also for $5. There were flippers there with racks and racks of leather jackets.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about going but it was about 2.5 hrs away.
uhoh.gif

Did they have anything that's on their website or was it all one of a kind stuff? I would imagine that their popular stuff wasn't there.

Pharrell

Reaction score
Were there any one star perfectos? Not likely but anyway

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
I was thinking about going but it was about 2.5 hrs away.
uhoh.gif

Did they have anything that's on their website or was it all one of a kind stuff? I would imagine that their popular stuff wasn't there.

They did have their whole stock at about 25% off I think. It was pretty cool. Had some really cool samples just not in my size.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
They did have their whole stock at about 25% off I think. It was pretty cool. Had some really cool samples just not in my size.

I've found that if you shop around you can find places that give a good discount on their stuff. There's a local Army Navy that I order my Schott stuff from and they always give me about a $100 discount of of MSRP.

I'm regretting that I didn't make the trip as there is a jacket that I've wanted that's been hard to find. I probably could have found it there and it would have been nice to try lots of their stuff on. I've bought most of their jackets that I have sight unseen but they've always been great - sometimes even a little to much!

Thanks for starting this thread!
ffffuuuu.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aghh quilted lining denim peacoat? Sweet; you NYC guys get all the cool toys when it comes to clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads