1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Schott does the Belstaff Panther

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Dec 29, 2007.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Very nice jackets, good luck with the sale. A little surprised that the p2p of a 42 size jacket is 47". I thought these jackets were supposed to be very fitted. I was expecting 44-45" P2P for a 42 size jacket.

2. captaincaveman

captaincaveman Member

Very nice jackets, good luck with the sale. A little surprised that the p2p of a 42 size jacket is 47". I thought these jackets were supposed to be very fitted. I was expecting 44-45" P2P for a 42 size jacket.

I typically wear a 42 and it fits well - just look at pics in the auction. There's room to layer underneath so it's not a tight, fitted cut. I believe the original Trialmasters were cut a bit big for layering based on old pics I've seen. Only recently did the cut slim down when Belstaff went high fashion.

3. captaincaveman

captaincaveman Member

4. captaincaveman

captaincaveman Member

Like this beauty? It even comes with integrated armor. That's a great jacket at the BMG website. Actually the 750 dollar price tag is also pretty reasonable considering how much some of Belstaff's fashion pieces go for.

If you can afford it, go for it. But I'd argue Schott is no less "authentic". While the American company is more associated with bombers and perfecto style jackets, it's a firm with just as much or even more history/legacy, whatever you want to call it, as Belstaff. It's still family owned and run. Plus all of their US made stuff comes from a factory right in Elizabeth, NJ. Right around the corner from where I grew up. You can still go right up to the factory and ask the people who make the clothing questions about the garments. They are quite enthusiastic about the clothing they make. Try that with any other brand. LOL

[​IMG]

5. jay-ninja

jay-ninja Well-Known Member

I thought this thread (buy this jacket) was an appropriate place to post my recent purchase. (buy this jacket) Like the Schott it's identical to the Panther and it is fantastic quality. It was a really good price. Here's some video I shot; (buy this jacket) and the pics; [​IMG] (buy this jacket) [​IMG] I have edited this post on account of 'Sander' objecting to the 'advertorial' tone of it. He wasn't totally wrong. So I've tried to make my review a little more independant. Hope that helps I may have slipped in some subliminal suggestive advertising......sorry ! (buy this jacket)

6. Sander

Sander Senior member

1) if you advertise, why don't you do so openly and honestly?
    2) if you advertise "undercover", why do you do it so blatantly that no one believes it? Do you think we're that dumb?

7. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

I dig it, especially at this price and notwithstanding the wear marks. I got a Schott 144, the classic cafe racer and it's a made in the USA genuine classic. I think the Schott heritage is just as venerable in the USA as Belstaff is in the UK. And my jacket will last generations, I am convinced.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I dig it, especially at this price and notwithstanding the wear marks. I got a Schott 144, the classic cafe racer and it's a made in the USA genuine classic. I think the Schott heritage is just as venerable in the USA as Belstaff is in the UK. And my jacket will last generations, I am convinced.

Pics or link? I can't find it on their hard as balls to navigate website..

10. jay-ninja

jay-ninja Well-Known Member

1) if you advertise, why don't you do so openly and honestly? 2) if you advertise "undercover", why do you do it so blatantly that no one believes it? Do you think we're that dumb?
    I think your dumb !

11. Fanshawe

Fanshawe New Member

Hello everyone. I hope it's alright to bump old threads here because it seems I have no choice for this one. This is one of the few hits anywhere when I search for the Schott J630.

I live in the UK, so it's been extremely difficult to track down one of these. I've always wanted to try Schott and like the styling of the Panther, so this is ideal for me. I've e-mailed customer services at Schott and received no reply yet, so I thought I'd try hunting around on forums.

Is there anywhere I should be looking?