• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schoolboy Scarves for . . . Schoolboys?

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would appreciate any tips on where to find good striped schoolboy scarves (J. Press style) in a smaller size for my six year old son. Thanks.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure where you live, but most cities have a high end kids clothes store with ridiculously expensive European kids clothes that they will outgrow in six months. Other than the occasional deep discount sale, these stores tend to be good for the little things - like scarves.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I am not sure where you live, but most cities have a high end kids clothes store with ridiculously expensive European kids clothes that they will outgrow in six months. Other than the occasional deep discount sale, these stores tend to be good for the little things - like scarves.

I've always wondered about those stores. Do the Europeans really spend that kind of loot on clothing for 9 month - 3 y.o. kids that outgrow their clothing within weeks? There are a couple of thosein NYC, BG has one inhouse and I just did not think it prudent to spend $500-600 on a 9 month old's winter coat but I guess if you have the money and you can't stand your kids wearing BabyGap.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you have someone who knows what they are doing cut down an adult size one?

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks (I think). I once found a very nice quality one at a Kate Spade store that was a more manageable size (and a great combo of colors: off-white, navy and lime green) but my wife uses it, so . . . the search continues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads