• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

School uniform

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in search of navy or red V-neck or round neck sweaters, and fleece cardigans (with zipper). No designs, no logo. Kid's size 4. Suggestions under $30? Thank you,

Fabienne

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

pejsek

Reaction score
My kids (now 5 and 9) both switched to uniforms this year. The search for plain blue (non-jean) pants and white or navy blue collared shirts was pretty dismal. I ended up getting the pants at Gymboree--which always has excellent quality imo--but the shirts were much more difficult. The Gap and Old Navy both had horrible things. We finally went to Target where we found some fairly well-made shirts at a low price (and, yes, I left my Vuitton at home).

rgpuppy

Reaction score
JCP carrys IZOD branded School Uniforms in those areas that the public schools require uniforms.

There is no logo etc on it and teh quality is excellent.

Wal-Mart has some cheap stuff.

If not try the Web...findgolds i beleive is the name of the large school uniform company.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have found the IZOD polo shirts to be of good quality. Several washes (in cold water), and the color is vibrant. My son being thin, finding pants that fit him has been difficult. So far, the best we have found were... yes... at Walmart. Flat front pants, navy and khaki, with adjustable waist (a blessing). Nearly all the other pants are too wide, and I have searched just about every store in the city. Thanks for the suggestions regarding fleece and sweaters, I will need to make a decision soon, as temperatures drop.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40