1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

School me on Spanish wines.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by itsstillmatt, May 19, 2010.

1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've had a lot of funky barnyard riojas. Is this a dominant flavor characteristic?

2. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I never thought Parker would be asking such a amateur question. [​IMG]

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

I never thought Parker would be asking such a amateur question. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Parker

I'm a small-timer noob, man. I'm just barely hanging on here. :)

5. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

6. Parker

I give your post an 88. [​IMG]

7. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pesquera from Duero is a reliable and delightful source of Tempranillo reds. Up and down their range.

I've only tried one bottle from Vega Sicilia and not their main label. Even that was phenomenal, however.

8. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Spain has many good wine regions and sherry is unique and arguably the finest Spanish wine. Reds are most reliable from the Rioja and Ribera del Duero and whites from the Rias Baixas. Two other areas which are great scenically and with interesting wines are the Bierzo region and the Ribera Sacra both in the cooler north west, neither has any big producers like the more famous regions. Navarra wines are also very good value for money with a climate and soil similar to Rioja (it is next door) but without the name. If you want a really authoritative answer ask the question on http://www.wine-pages.com/cgi-bin2/ultimatebb.cgi