• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

School me on soft leather folios

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a no-nonsense soft leather folio that zips on three sides and consists of mostly open space.
Something along the lines of the second one seen here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=folio

Please advise. I feel encumbered by small shit and I don't want to sling stuff over my arm or carry something with handles. I don't have that much stuff. This is for a pad and docs, but the catch is that I want to cram a few three-dimensional objects in as well -- glasses case, maybe a key fob, the odd granola bar from time to time. So I would hope it's something soft/gusseted/with some interior space. Some bulge is not a problem. I generally carry things in hand, use breast pockets, or go without. But sometimes I would like to have, shall we say, a man clutch.

Where can I look? I feel like this is a pretty generic item and should be widely available. And yet...
Also no Hermès crazy expensivo stuff please. No bargain basement crap either though

viator

Reaction score

Seriously, though, while the items you linked to seem like they're very nicely made, I just don't understand the utility of them. It's something that has no handles and isn't good for holding much more than 20 sheets of paper with a pen.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To counter, why would I need more than 20 sheets of paper and a pen? And the aforementioned granola bar?

My level of preparedness does not involve this:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.