• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

School lunches

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do jails in other countries even grant a last meal? Isn't that some sort of white biblical thing? I'll suppose this is an American last meal, and the choices are out of the yellow pages in a rural area;

^ I think it's mainly done out of respect or something. Typically the authorities try to accommodate every prisoner's last meal but sometimes they end up feeding them what's in the freezer at their location. Dude

If it were like, some federal facility in Illinois, I'd go with the local fare there, and get them to go to a local diner and bring me a ham steak breakfast; two eggs sunny side up, hashbrowns, hams teak, a half gallon of freshly squeezed orange juice, a small bottle of tobasco, plus a single cheeseburger meal with fries, a side salad, a small crock of chili, a liter of Coke, lemon sorbet, and some gummi bears.

You're missing a few things; for example, bacon, pancakes, maple syrup, and coffee (with creamer and splenda of course).

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it were like, some federal facility in Illinois, I'd go with the local fare there, and get them to go to a local diner and bring me a ham steak breakfast; two eggs sunny side up, hashbrowns, hams teak, a half gallon of freshly squeezed orange juice, a small bottle of tobasco, plus a single cheeseburger meal with fries, a side salad, a small crock of chili, a liter of Coke, lemon sorbet, and some gummi bears.

Isn't this what Rambo eats on Wednesdays?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're missing a few things; for example, bacon, pancakes, maple syrup, and coffee (with creamer and splenda of course).

LOL @ Splenda with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If I were encarcerated in the SW/Texas, I'd request some sort of Mexican food, and really gorge in order to make a mess once they do the deed.

Although it differs from state to state in many places the "last meal" isn't actually the last meal a prisoner eats before execution for exactly this reason. Often the soon-to-depart is given a date a day or two prior to execution when they can have a meal prepared as they like. This then gives the digestive system time to process everything through and ensure there is no mess at the time of execution. Also, at least with lethal injection, the soon to be departed will sometimes wear a diaper.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although it differs from state to state in many places the "last meal" isn't actually the last meal a prisoner eats before execution for exactly this reason. Often the soon-to-depart is given a date a day or two prior to execution when they can have a meal prepared as they like. This then gives the digestive system time to process everything through and ensure there is no mess at the time of execution. Also, at least with lethal injection, the soon to be departed will sometimes wear a diaper.

So if things don't go as planned then...SPLAT! The prisoner explodes?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impolyt, what was the name of the documentary about the french school cafeterias?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha lobster? looks more like cray fish. maybe me being from the east coast of canada I'm used to seeing 1.5-2 pound lobsters.

I think I packed a lunch most days which consisted of a sandwich, some gummie treats and a drink. I know at my elementary school, the lunches offered in the cafeteria were roughly $5.

Its lobster. Everyone thinks I am nuts for wanting to eat crayfish here. They see them as about the same thing as cockroaches or cicadas. The average elementary kid lunch (that isnt packed by mom) can be awesome to **** depending on the school. There was a big controversy a few years ago about serving whale meat which was going to spoil in storage since normal people didnt want to buy it.

I remember the square pizzas growing up in WA. My parents usually packed me a lunch in my TMNT, American Gladiators, or aladdin mini cooler, but I would always request to have school lunch on ravioli or mashed potatoes day. My mom would never serve those ****** Chef Boyardee ravioli at home and never served us meat ravioli in general, so this was my only way to savor the mushy, tin can goodness.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can this process be repeated numerous times if there are stays of execution?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can this process be repeated numerous times if there are stays of execution?
914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.jpg

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thinks there might be potato on the menu tomorrow...

...two ladies hand peeling enough spuds to feed 3,500 hungry students.

No doubt in the UK or US there would be a machine doing this rather menial job. Here in China it's often much cheaper to employ full-time 'potato peelers' than it is to buy an expensive potato peeling machine.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads