Schick quattro

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Style guy, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Style guy

Style guy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I just tried out the new Schick Quattro razor, and I really love it. It is a close shave, the only downside a re the refiil cartridges ( 8 for 25.00) yikes. has anyone else tired this razor, and what is your opinion of it.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I found it too bulky and too easily clogged. Like the Mach 3 better. Tiger, don't you have an endorsement deal with Gilette? [​IMG]

3. Style guy

Style guy Well-Known Member

Hi Steve. I think the reason that it clogs so much is that the blades are so close together as opposed to the Gillette Mach 3 turbo. The quattro is a four blde razor and that is why the blades are so close together. The Mach 3 is a fine razor as well, the blades for that one are also expensive, but I think they last longer.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I have used the Quattro, and I like the Mach 3 turbo better. That is all I can say really, I am not razor-savvy, I usually use an electric.

5. Alias

Alias Senior member

I got my Mach 3 Turbo when I turned 18. Apparently Gilette sent it to my grandmother. It was some sort of promotion thing, and although the implications are scary (I wonder how they knew) I enjoy using the razor down to this day.

And yes, the blades are expensive, which led my budget-conscious father to buy the whole thing (it came with two replacement blades) instead of the refill. This was actually cheaper. Now that the store reset the prices, we buy the refills instead.

6. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Even though Mad TV sucks, you guys should watch the Spishak Mach 20 commercial [​IMG]

7. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I swore by Schick twin blades for years until I couldn't find refills. Then I finally gave into the devil and bought a Gillette Mach 3. Great shave.

Now I don't want to go back to Schick--I mean they only supported the refills on my twins for 20+ years--I think they don't want my long term business...

8. ROT

ROT Senior member

The Mach 3 Turbo has it beat hands down. Especially for the area under the nose where the extra balde kind of gets in the way.

A side note, I recently tried one of the original safety razors -- the kind that pop open at the top to take a double sided blade.. Yikes. That's the generation that won the war. Tough men. Stick with the Mach 3 and breathe a sigh of relief.

9. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

Yeah, I bought a safety razor several years ago to try. Used it for a week and went through several blades--they just don't last for very many shaves (and they're not safe, despite the title). [​IMG]

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

well, now I feel very, very old. I actually started shaving with a safety razor (a little after wwii).

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I just got the new M4 Power razor from Gillette, it seems to be pretty cool, although i'm still not convinced the micropulses do anything, it did give a nice close shave.