• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Schick quattro

Style guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just tried out the new Schick Quattro razor, and I really love it. It is a close shave, the only downside a re the refiil cartridges ( 8 for 25.00) yikes. has anyone else tired this razor, and what is your opinion of it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I found it too bulky and too easily clogged. Like the Mach 3 better. Tiger, don't you have an endorsement deal with Gilette?

Style guy

Reaction score
Hi Steve. I think the reason that it clogs so much is that the blades are so close together as opposed to the Gillette Mach 3 turbo. The quattro is a four blde razor and that is why the blades are so close together. The Mach 3 is a fine razor as well, the blades for that one are also expensive, but I think they last longer.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have used the Quattro, and I like the Mach 3 turbo better. That is all I can say really, I am not razor-savvy, I usually use an electric.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Mach 3 Turbo when I turned 18. Apparently Gilette sent it to my grandmother. It was some sort of promotion thing, and although the implications are scary (I wonder how they knew) I enjoy using the razor down to this day.

And yes, the blades are expensive, which led my budget-conscious father to buy the whole thing (it came with two replacement blades) instead of the refill. This was actually cheaper. Now that the store reset the prices, we buy the refills instead.

aybojs

Reaction score
Even though Mad TV sucks, you guys should watch the Spishak Mach 20 commercial

johnw86

Reaction score
I swore by Schick twin blades for years until I couldn't find refills. Then I finally gave into the devil and bought a Gillette Mach 3. Great shave.

Now I don't want to go back to Schick--I mean they only supported the refills on my twins for 20+ years--I think they don't want my long term business...

ROT

Reaction score
The Mach 3 Turbo has it beat hands down. Especially for the area under the nose where the extra balde kind of gets in the way.

A side note, I recently tried one of the original safety razors -- the kind that pop open at the top to take a double sided blade.. Yikes. That's the generation that won the war. Tough men. Stick with the Mach 3 and breathe a sigh of relief.

johnw86

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a safety razor several years ago to try. Used it for a week and went through several blades--they just don't last for very many shaves (and they're not safe, despite the title).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, now I feel very, very old. I actually started shaving with a safety razor (a little after wwii).

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got the new M4 Power razor from Gillette, it seems to be pretty cool, although i'm still not convinced the micropulses do anything, it did give a nice close shave.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.