• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have so many damn incense fragrances, but I love that style and appreciate each one. If you like labdanum, you'd want to find a decant of the discontinued Sahara Noir, by Tom Ford, which is like Avignon but with the labdanum.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a sample of Zdravetz right now. First notes are strongly synthetic, but it calms down within a few minutes. Citrus (mostly grapefruit) over a subdued rose so far, a little leather peeking out, green notes that I can't pick out yet. Cedar is there but not prominent yet. A lot going on here, will be interesting to see how it develops.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Anyone get around to trying any of the new celine scents? None of the descriptions sounded too interesting to me but the basenotes board seems pretty hyped on “reptile”.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ani by Nishane. This stuff last forever. What is surprising to me is that (IMHO) typically it's only the overpowering scents that last long. This one is very pleasant and not overpowering at all.

Published Fragrance Notes: Bergamot, Green Notes, Blue Ginger, Pink Pepper, Blackcurrant, Turkish Rose, Cardamom, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Benzoin, Ambergris, Musk, Sandalwood.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Does anyone own a modern bottle of Paco Rabanne-Pour Homme or Azzaro-Pour Homme? How are they in longevity?

TheShoeMaker

Reaction score
Anyone get around to trying any of the new celine scents? None of the descriptions sounded too interesting to me but the basenotes board seems pretty hyped on “reptile”.

Yeah, nothing overly exciting for me, lots of warm spicy notes. Nothing too niche. Abit like YSL exclusives "vestaire des parfums" .

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a random decant this morning and threw on Amouage Opus VIII. Not a fan, really.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Creed Aberdeen Lavander for me today (part of the Acqua Originale series).

This one is a very nice "non-Creed" like Creed, or more like the very old-school ones that don't get enough attention in all the marketing Aventus/Viking hype. It's sort of the Dorchester Gray Rolls Corniche convertible for a Scottish Baron instead of the Triple Black Cullinan for the son of a Russian Mafia Kingpen.

As the name suggests, it's a real lavender scent, but not linear or too soft/powdery as many lavenders. They've balanced it with some nice florals and a substantial patchouli base, pushing the key note out and taking it in some different directions as it dries down (green/herbal lavender at the top, floral lavender in the middle, sort of earthy/woody lavender at base).

Creed has always had to go farther to impress me than other houses, and this one did it. It's unlike any of the other lavenders in my collection and shows that Creed hasn't forgotten how to make a soft, hidden, subtle scent for connoisseurs instead of a loud, obnoxious one for Las Vegas DJs.

Definitely hunt down a sample if you like Bois du Portugal, Jicky, PdN New York, or Caron PuH.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no post. I recently bought a bottle of Cartier Oud & Rose, so that's all I've been wearing for the last month, including today.

Happy holidays!

shoewarma

Reaction score
Does anyone own a modern bottle of Paco Rabanne-Pour Homme or Azzaro-Pour Homme? How are they in longevity?
I have a new 50 mL bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme. It's one of those "refillable" bottles, whatever that bullshit means. Longevity isn't great to be honest. It projects well for an hour then rapidly plummets down to a skin scent within 3 hours. I don't know if the sprayer plays a part, but it doesn't shoot as much as the 100 mL bottle.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I was putting on By The Fireplace this morning, but put on Jazz Club instead. Whoops. Usually try to avoid that one at work.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tom Ford Vert de Fleur today.

This is my kind of fragrance, and one that is very surprising given that it was made in 2016 originally; it's a definite throwback to those wonderful green sharp floral goodies from the 1970's... ala Chanel no 19, YSL RG (the original), or even the original Must de Cartier. Lots of galbanum, oakmoss, iris, and a hyacinth note that gives a shout out to Guerlain Chamade. Given that several of these notes have been restricted by IFRA... I'm impressed how natural and high quality it feels.

Nicely daring of Tom Ford to release this... because there is no way anyone could think that today this would be a "hit." It's so far from the mainstream today... I love it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads