• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have opinions on the best leather-forward scents that aren't too one note? Been trying a few but I'm having a hard time picking. The opening of TF Ombre Leather is great, but all the complexity disappears on the dry down for me. Meanwhile, I rather like Kilian Dark Lord, but it's very polarizing. Also really liked Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather, but it doesn't have much longevity for me.

I thought Dark Lord was a lot of fun, but yes, sort of unfriendly. Other frags w major leather notes I've tried and liked: Masque Milano Russian Tea, le labo patchouli 24, l'artisan tea for two, papillon Anubis, Etat libre d'Orange Rien (maybe unfriendly tho), Amouage myths man

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Le Labo tragic here:
Currently wearing Vetiver 46, usually wear Santal 33. Undecided about the former, not so the latter.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried Thé Noir 29 by Le Labo the other day, quite nice, quite figgy/slight mango tea at the start.

If anyone has any recommendations for a scent that does actually smell like/evoke black tea, send them my way!

shoewarma

Reaction score
I tried Thé Noir 29 by Le Labo the other day, quite nice, quite figgy/slight mango tea at the start.

If anyone has any recommendations for a scent that does actually smell like/evoke black tea, send them my way!
The Noir 29 is probably the best Le Labo I've put my nose on. I like how it's a slightly sweet, creamy fig. I hate green fig fragrances like Diptyque Philosykos, but this one is actually good. The only other Le Labo I enjoyed was Labdanum 18.

As far as black tea fragrances, I don't know many, but surely you've tried Gucci Pour Homme II? That is a proper black tea and cinnamon scent.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
House of Matriarch is having a sale this weekend. 50% off sitewide and triple points with the checkout code DECADENCE. I think this is the biggest promotion I've seen them do.

Their Coco Blanc is really nice, and so is a lot of the line, although truthfully I've been more into synthetic fragrances lately.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Nishane's Safran Colognise today. Can't say I like it. There's a smokey scent to it, which I liked in Amouage Myths Man (probably more ash than smoke) but doesn't work for me in this scent.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Masque Russian Tea smells like black tea to me

Wearing Nishane's Safran Colognise today. Can't say I like it. There's a smokey scent to it, which I liked in Amouage Myths Man (probably more ash than smoke) but doesn't work for me in this scent.
Safran is a favorite note this time of year. I've been hitting my bottle of L'Homme Sage hard the last month.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Jazz Club today, chilling at home. Love this stuff but don't think it's good for work, so I'll just enjoy it myself.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
With the Twisted Lily promo I picked up a bottle of Avignon as well as samples of CDG-Black and Montale-Pure Incense recommended by @HORNS and @ghdvfddzgzdzg over the summer. All I wear anymore is Portrait of a Lady and the addition of more incense is exactly what I want.

If I make any purchases in 2020 they will probably be vintage. Was hoping to try the Celine Haute line but they’ve kept them very exclusive for now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads