• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i smelled the Gucci's Alchemist's garden series recently. It didn't come across as very impressive. nice simple but a little boring for the prices they are asking for.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gfmozart spot on. This was one of my first blind full bottle buys when i started getting into fragrances and wanted to see if I liked the notes I thought I would like (thus started cheap). Maybe I'll give it away.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gfmozart spot on. This was one of my first blind full bottle buys when i started getting into fragrances and wanted to see if I liked the notes I thought I would like (thus started cheap). Maybe I'll give it away.

i wouldn't give it away. I'll just overspray the cheapie on days when i feel like i don't want to splurge fragrance wise. most people can't really discern the difference on days when you use acqua di bergamotto as compared to the days you use italian bergamot. It is also the reason why I just bought the Mont Blanc Explorer ( EDP though ). The big commercial mass market Aventus clone ( or some say Aventus + dior Sauvage ). it does smell quite nice even if a tad artificial.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday and today has been Kouros.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Afrika Olifant by Nishane. This is a very, very animalic oud. As a rough comparison, it's in the ballpark of Dior's Leather Oud, but it's less loud and it seems more nuanced. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Today: Lutens Fumerie Turque. One of my very favorite Lutens. It's a tobacco with a honey note that walks right up to the boundary of being urine-like. It's powdery, dry, and just a little bitter, but with a warm tonka sweetness. Unfortunately, this has recently become much more expensive because they put it in their new, uglier exclusive bottles

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring has sprung, so I'm wearing Penhaligons Ostara today. It's a masterpiece of a fragrance with clean, transparent narcissus and was only on the market for maybe a year.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently received a sample of Creed Viking. Not sure where I stand on it. Starts out smelling too mainstream (think nightclub), but after dry down it is pretty pleasant. I dig the subtle hint of lemon. After a few hours though it is almost completely gone.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday - Johri by Ava Luxe. Almost too humid for it when I first sprayed it on.
Today - Bvlgari Eau parfumee the vert (spelling from memory).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring has sprung, so I'm wearing Penhaligons Ostara today. It's a masterpiece of a fragrance with clean, transparent narcissus and was only on the market for maybe a year.

Wearing this one again. Definitely a masculine-leaning floral and a discontinued fragrance which can be still bought cheaply.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Ilm by Kemi. It's an oud scent that starts out barnyardy, but with a sweetness that is a little bit reminiscent of ripe raspberry. As it dries down, the woody facets of the oud become more prominent.

Today: Radio Bombay. A sharp, peppery sandalwood with a touch of coconut sweetness and an oddly metallic note.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I’m wearing one of first niche loves, Annick Goutal Les Nuits de Hadrian.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads