• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Bought Rojas book from luckyscent and picked up a bunch of samples. Anyone ever found any literature on raw materials, their extraction and the chemistry of perfume? Seems to be the shortest section in The Essence of Perfume though it does do a good job as an introduction imo. This thread was an inspiration for some of samples purchased so I thought I’d share:

CDG-Avignon
Boris Bidjan Saberi-11
Fazzolari-Vetiverissimo,lampblack
Zoologist-Civet
Profumum- Ambra Aurea
Tauer- Incense Extreme,L’oudh
Parfums MDCI- Chypre Palatin
Heeley- Eau Sacree,Vetiver Veritas,Agarwoud,Chypre 21,Blanc Poudre

So far only sampled Blanc Poudre and it has a Turkish delight turning into fresh linens turning into sandlewood vibe on me. When I sample a perfume I like to think about who in my life it would be best on. I really like the people I would pair with this perfume.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Maurice Roucel's Musc Ravageur tonight. Its been a year and one day since I wore it last. Had forgotten what a nice fragrance it is, with vanilla and musk. Roucel has done some of my favorite fragrances, including Dans Tes Bras, Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne, Iris Silver Mist, etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone tried using the promo code for perfumed court? not working for me

Weird, I just tried using it now, just to test, and it doesn't work either.

You can always email them. I've found the team there to be pretty responsive and reasonable to customer issues. Just takes a day or two sometimes for them to get back to you.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuing in a gourmand mode, I'm wearing Slumberhouse Ore today. Booze, cake, boozy cake, ale, bread. Great holiday scent that I have a hard time wearing outside the holidays. I had a decant of Ore; liked it, so I bought a bottle; then was gifted a mini (15mL) bottle. Then for some damn reason, I sold both bottles. Back to just a decant. Wish I had kept the 15mL mini. :brick:

haTTer

Reaction score
I understand Guerlain is intending to or has brought back the original VETIVER scent ?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else like to wear summer fragrances around the holidays?
Tonight wearing my favorite summer cheat, AdP Colonia Assoluta.
Fruity, floral, musky and very uplifting.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else like to wear summer fragrances around the holidays?
Tonight wearing my favorite summer cheat, AdP Colonia Assoluta.
Fruity, floral, musky and very uplifting.

Colonia Assoluta is my favorite from my his line.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sultan Pasha Pure Incense, my go-to for days where it's between 40 and 60 Fahrenheit.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Malle Lys Mediterranee today
I love that one, but only wear it once in a while (note to self: wear it this holiday week). I have a 30mL decant. I put it up for swap planning to buy a bottle, but I don't think I have any shot at emptying a full 50mL bottle of Lys Med. Just going to keep the 30mL decant, which will last me for years.

I wore vintage Gianfranco Ferre for Men yesterday, a classic leather-oakmoss chypre. Similar to Bel Ami I'd say, but definitely cheaper!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sample of Amouage Sunshine Man based on a recommendation on this thread. I like it but not enough to buy the bottle.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DS & Durga Bowmakers yesterday. there is a ceder/pine note that is very reminiscent of Le Labo Gaiac 10 to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads