• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
I would trade every grey "miserable" day of yours for my 37C sunny day in a heartbeat.

If you love Arabie, try Chypre Rouge, gorgeous classy beeswax and pine needles scent. It is the most dense fragrance i have ever tried, but its brilliant.

About wasting fragrance, living life and not using the fragrances and making memories with them is a much bigger waste honestly. A full bottle is empty of memories and of how its meant to be used. You cant bring the bottles with you once you're gone.
Too bad this one is hard to find these days. Seems pretty nice, and the caraway note got my attention, funny enough.

I use fragrance everyday, but I usually limit my use of the discontinued or avant-garde stuff in my collection. It just seems rather wasteful to use them on mundane days with nothing interesting going for them.

Jacques Bogart Bogart Pour Homme today. I just don't get the cherry tobacco vibe people say this has. It's a tonka bean bomb with other strange Axe-like scents going on in it. That's not a bad thing at all in this case because I love this fragrance. It gets a bad reputation because it's a Jacques Bogart, but it is a very cool scent and fairly restrained on me.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frank No. 2. It is almost a bit too musky. It is like a better version of Sauvage with enough woody herbaceousness with maybe a touch of florals.

This is really good!

Karlus72

Reaction score
Too bad this one is hard to find these days. Seems pretty nice, and the caraway note got my attention, funny enough.

I use fragrance everyday, but I usually limit my use of the discontinued or avant-garde stuff in my collection. It just seems rather wasteful to use them on mundane days with nothing interesting going for them.

Jacques Bogart Bogart Pour Homme today. I just don't get the cherry tobacco vibe people say this has. It's a tonka bean bomb with other strange Axe-like scents going on in it. That's not a bad thing at all in this case because I love this fragrance. It gets a bad reputation because it's a Jacques Bogart, but it is a very cool scent and fairly restrained on me.
Yeah i get what you're saying. You have Chypre Rouge on Parfumo souk for like 90 euros. I would highly recommend it. Robes08 said its one of his worst reactions to a fragrance, and thats what got me interested. Serge is one of my favorite brands, and im not that much into avant-garde stuff aside from that. I prefer my Dior, Hermes and Chanel exclusives.

About discontinued fragrances, i got DH 2005 silver stem bottle and an older DHI bottle (would love a 2007 DHI tho). Still looking for Gucci Envy and Gucci PH1, but i would probably wear those on rare occasions

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's scent - Penhaligon's Racquets . . .

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bohemian Lime. Don't get any lime at all. More patchoili, vetiver type smells
It's "finger lime" which is a bit different than the margarita squeezer type.
I get plenty of it when I wear it...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frank No. 3. It smells like a bag of good pipe tobacco. But it is also very much the wrong time of year for this. I also think I need to remember that if there are amber notes I need to just pass on scents.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday - Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Today - Margiela Jazz Club

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oud Loukoum by Bortnikoff. For some reason my brain connects it to the resin-varnish of D.S. Durga's Bowmakers. Gets more sweet, powdery, and floral on my skin as it goes on. Not for me but enjoyed the experience.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's scent - Penhaligon's Racquets . . .

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Got back from London and Paris a week ago. Wearing one of my pickups today: Christian Dior Leather Oud. I wanted it, but I didn't want to have to get it in a 250ml bottle, which is all it's sold in, but I was in Paris, and it was the last bottle, so...

375x500.48386.jpg

My other two pickups:

Electimuss Black Caviar

375x500.61812.jpg

Henry Jacques Myosotis

375x500.69564.jpg

Never ever did I think I would spring for a Henry Jacques, but I tried it on, and it was mind blowing, and I had just gotten my heart broken, so I wanted to treat myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads