• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

WavyGravy

Reaction score
Zoo Everlasting today. It is a powerhouse labdanum scent with narcissus absolute. Really nice stuff and reasonably priced. I am looking forward to exploring this house more.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went Chanel Le Lion today...
I took a chance because it's hot out, and the heat just gave me a slightly larger scent bubble which I appreciated.
1656630136959.png

shoewarma

Reaction score
Quite a depressing and grey day today, so I went into my sample box for a change. Pulled out and sprayed Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee, which I was apprehensive about because I don't like it. Man, what an awful take on mint. This is very reminiscent of a mix of cleaning products, one of which is a pine oil-based wood cleaner. Smells cheap and poorly executed, and the moment I put it on, I immediately regretted it. Can't wait for it to disappear in a couple of hours. Vile thing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mandarino D'Amalfi. Even though it is gray and rainy I seem to like it.

Here is what I am waiting on from Scent Split

FRANK No. 3 - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$18.99
FRANK No. 1 - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$6.99
FRANK No. 2 - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$6.99
Bohemian Lime - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$8.99
Bon Monsieur - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$10.99
Hacivat - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$14.99
Chypre Mojo - 2ml Glass Spray

Qty 1
$12.99

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mandarino D'Amalfi. Even though it is gray and rainy I seem to like it.

Here is what I am waiting on from Scent Split

Qty 1
$18.99

Qty 1
$6.99

Qty 1
$6.99

Qty 1
$8.99

Qty 1
$10.99

Qty 1
$14.99

Qty 1
$12.99
I have a bottle of Bon Monsieur. To me, it smells like my dad in the best possible way.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Four times the Bogart!

Bogart%20pour%20homme%20june%202022%201.jpg

Actually was wearing to day Bogart Pour Homme and as the day was hot perspiration got the better of the cologne smell-wise so at about tea time spray painted myself with Lalique Horse Pour Homme on top of everything.
Liked the results, the two are certainly in the same niche if not in the same league the latter being more refined and subtle.

Bogart%20pour%20homme%20june%202022%202.jpg

Is mixing colognes a thing yet?

In other words, has anybody tried wearing two or more colognes, eau de toilettes, etc. at same time?

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a depressing and grey day today, so I went into my sample box for a change. Pulled out and sprayed Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee, which I was apprehensive about because I don't like it. Man, what an awful take on mint. This is very reminiscent of a mix of cleaning products, one of which is a pine oil-based wood cleaner. Smells cheap and poorly executed, and the moment I put it on, I immediately regretted it. Can't wait for it to disappear in a couple of hours. Vile thing.

Completely agree. One of her worst.

Guerlain Coriolan today. It's a really good scent, at the same time it is easy to understand why it never became a hit. A little anonymous, no real character.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is mixing colognes a thing yet?

In other words, has anybody tried wearing two or more colognes, eau de toilettes, etc. at same time?

aka "layering" -- best practices are discussed variously online. it's rarely mentioned here though. i should play around w adding some of my simpler favorites together and see what happens. cdg avignon plus cdg hinoki comes to mind as a first go.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Another grey and miserable day today, I almost welcome such days during the brutal summer months here.

I went for Serge Lutens Arabie, which I don't wear much for a few reasons; one, it is discontinued (irrational fear of running out), and two, I really have to be in the mood for it. I love how closely it resembles the overall character of Arabic cuisines. There's such a great use of anise and dry fruits that almost comes across as boozy in the classiest way ever (I consider boozy fragrances to be generally gross and tacky). I recall really hating what I perceived to be a curry note, but it isn't nearly as pronounced as I remember, unlike in Ambre Sultan. Sometimes, I feel like I am wasting this fragrance when I wear it, but I just cannot help it when the mood strikes.

Karlus72

Reaction score
Another grey and miserable day today, I almost welcome such days during the brutal summer months here.

I went for Serge Lutens Arabie, which I don't wear much for a few reasons; one, it is discontinued (irrational fear of running out), and two, I really have to be in the mood for it. I love how closely it resembles the overall character of Arabic cuisines. There's such a great use of anise and dry fruits that almost comes across as boozy in the classiest way ever (I consider boozy fragrances to be generally gross and tacky). I recall really hating what I perceived to be a curry note, but it isn't nearly as pronounced as I remember, unlike in Ambre Sultan. Sometimes, I feel like I am wasting this fragrance when I wear it, but I just cannot help it when the mood strikes.
I would trade every grey "miserable" day of yours for my 37C sunny day in a heartbeat.

If you love Arabie, try Chypre Rouge, gorgeous classy beeswax and pine needles scent. It is the most dense fragrance i have ever tried, but its brilliant.

About wasting fragrance, living life and not using the fragrances and making memories with them is a much bigger waste honestly. A full bottle is empty of memories and of how its meant to be used. You cant bring the bottles with you once you're gone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads