• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

zr0e

Reaction score
more costco weirdness...theyve got 3.4oz bottles of le labo santal 33 for 225 (normally 290)

i don’t want to self promote out of turn but I have a few 100ml Santals for even less than that

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more costco weirdness...theyve got 3.4oz bottles of le labo santal 33 for 225 (normally 290)
Wish dot com is chock full of fakes, but I'm 3 for 3 on Le Labo legit buys.
Around $40 a bottle average on the 100ml.

Anachronist

Reaction score
I don't know where to otherwise put it, so I pick this thread here.

Years ago I attended a workshop on perfume (as a gift, I would not have figured this myself). The lady explained about her journey on perfumes and she had been to Paris. There she met one of the best "noses" of one of these houses. He explained that perfume should not be worn on the skin.

The reason is, that clothing doesn't have the acid and oily composition like the skin does. And they simply can not guarantee the quality of the fragrance for each skin. Besides that, the ingredients in fragrances might affect the skin too much over time.

The suggestion is to put the perfume on the places that get warm enough: neck (collar), shoulders, armpits and sometimes even the belly. On the cuffs around the wrist is also possible, but not always advisable. It depends on the fragrance etc.

What are your takes on this suggestion? I do apply it like that and I never have problems of the perfume fading away too quickly or mixed odor from detergents etc. But I'd like to know from people who wear perfumes a lot or have even more inside information about there take on this.
I absolutely buy into the logic of this recommendation and the only concern I‘d have is that most oils used in perfumes will discolor or stain your clothes. So, unless one does this on e.g. an easily replaceable t-shirt that is worn under a shirt or, like perfume was originally used in former times, being sprayed onto a cloth handkerchief that was worn somewhere close to the body, this becomes a costly habit ;-)

WavyGravy

Reaction score
Wearing Aquilaria Blossom by Areej le Dore today. It’s nice but kind of meh. More floral than oud-centric.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well Adam did say that in his YouTube videos prior to release. It is supposed to smell like the flower of the aquilaria tree (if it had a smell).
Wearing Aquilaria Blossom by Areej le Dore today. It’s nice but kind of meh. More floral than oud-centric.

WavyGravy

Reaction score
Well Adam did say that in his YouTube videos prior to release. It is supposed to smell like the flower of the aquilaria tree (if it had a smell).
I know. It’s not meh because it is floral. I’m just not that impressed.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah I passed in this based on the linear nature of the collaborator. Not interested in these collabs anymore. I’ll pull the trigger on something unique.

WavyGravy

Reaction score
Yeah I passed in this based on the linear nature of the collaborator. Not interested in these collabs anymore. I’ll pull the trigger on something unique.
I will say that he provides good customer service. I bought a 10ml bottle and the sprayer was broken. It just kinda dribbled out and did not diffuse properly. I sent an email and within a week he sent another 10ml bottle. I kind of expected to receive a new atomizer, but it was a nice surprise.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CdG Amazingreen today. It’s cold and grey in the city so this turned out to be really nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads