• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other standouts from your Bloomies raid?
I thought Sicilian Leather by Memo was very interesting.
I also found out that the Holiday sale starts Friday, so I'm going back then, and I'll check out more.
I was pretty much abducted by the SA at Acqua Di Parma who made me smell everything, so I was going a bit nose blind.
I even forgot to try the new Hermes.
ADP had 4 exclusives that she had me smell, numbered 1-4. They were nice spring/summer scents but pretty subdued. I was saying I can't imagine they'd last long, but she was telling me they are pure oil??

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Sicilian Leather by Memo was very interesting.
I also found out that the Holiday sale starts Friday, so I'm going back then, and I'll check out more.
I was pretty much abducted by the SA at Acqua Di Parma who made me smell everything, so I was going a bit nose blind.
I even forgot to try the new Hermes.
ADP had 4 exclusives that she had me smell, numbered 1-4. They were nice spring/summer scents but pretty subdued. I was saying I can't imagine they'd last long, but she was telling me they are pure oil??
Are those the Note di Colonia exclusives?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure, I'll get back to you on Friday...
I plan on checking those out again.
I'll be a nerd and snap some pics.

She also told me she'd hook me up with a travel atomizer w/purchase.
I really like that Oud.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure, I'll get back to you on Friday...
I plan on checking those out again.
I'll be a nerd and snap some pics.

She also told me she'd hook me up with a travel atomizer w/purchase.
I really like that Oud.

An SA at Neiman tried to hype up the ADP Note di Colonia series a couple years ago. Tried a number of them amd was underwhelmed. The hype is limited run Baccarat flacons, each one composed based on a famous Italian opera, premium ingredients, masterful compositions...blah blah blah. At north of $400 retail.

So does Bloomies put fragrances on sale for Memorial Day?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An SA at Neiman tried to hype up the ADP Note di Colonia series a couple years ago. Tried a number of them amd was underwhelmed. The hype is limited run Baccarat flacons, each one composed based on a famous Italian opera, premium ingredients, masterful compositions...blah blah blah. At north of $400 retail.

So does Bloomies put fragrances on sale for Memorial Day?
That makes sense, they were in cool bottles.
The sale is hit and miss, not all of them will be.
ADP will be 15% off, and since I work 2 minutes away and eat lunch there most days, waiting is no big deal...
I have a $200 gift card to blow.

Karlus72

Reaction score
I wish i was aware of fragrances and fragcomm pre 2015 honestly, looked like a really fun place

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have decided 100% that I am never going to bother with the Zoologist samples I bought ever again. Does anyone want them? Free. You would just have to pay the (minimal) Canada Post small packet rate.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Okay, I have decided 100% that I am never going to bother with the Zoologist samples I bought ever again. Does anyone want them? Free. You would just have to pay the (minimal) Canada Post small packet rate.
Sure, I'm in Canada. I'll take them. I'll PM you soon.

Edit: Can't seem to PM you. I'm not smart with this forum.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s the pic.
1653683406367.jpeg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good haul today.
Acqua Di Parma Oud 100ml
A filled travel atomizer
A large Arancia di Capri sample edt and shower gel.
A hand filled atomizer sample of Penhaligons Blazing Mr Sam.
With the holiday sale, a gift card and a cool SA.
$27 out of pocket.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good haul today.
Acqua Di Parma Oud 100ml
A filled travel atomizer
A large Arancia di Capri sample edt and shower gel.
A hand filled atomizer sample of Penhaligons Blazing Mr Sam.
With the holiday sale, a gift card and a cool SA.
$27 out of pocket.
Nice haul.

I called the SF Bloomies fragrance department and they have no sales going on this weekend. Odd. I wonder if it's only ADP at your store?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice haul.

I called the SF Bloomies fragrance department and they have no sales going on this weekend. Odd. I wonder if it's only ADP at your store?
She told me Wednesday that her sale started Friday, which would make me think it’s a company thing.
I didn’t see any adverts in the fragrance section.

I would head down there if you are wanting some ADP. Just tell them your brother was at South Coast Plaza and the sale is on, and they need to at least match it.
Not counting the freebies they hooked me up with, my receipt says “today’s savings $81.83”

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She told me Wednesday that her sale started Friday, which would make me think it’s a company thing.
I didn’t see any adverts in the fragrance section.

I would head down there if you are wanting some ADP. Just tell them your brother was at South Coast Plaza and the sale is on, and they need to at least match it.
Not counting the freebies they hooked me up with, my receipt says “today’s savings $81.83”

Nice. I'm good on ADP for now. Wearing Cedro di Taormina today. Another lost gem from Duchaufour and JC Ellena.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads