• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife isn't a fan of Resonance in particular (the camphor note, I think), but other women I know are, so, you know... I pick and choose when I wear them!
One for the wife one for the girlfriend :cool2:

Karlus72

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Amouage Ouverture Man? I have usually been underwhelmed by Amouage but this one has a really interesting note pyramid.
I like Jubilation XXV and Interlude, never tried overture. They make a certain style of fragrances that i think take some time to appreciate. I like to stick to my 2000's designers and Hermes/Dior/Chanel exclusive releases

Karlus72

Reaction score
Rainy day today so I wanted to go with TF Oud Wood to compliment that spring rain smell in the air.
looks like im not the only one that thinks oud wood is a rainy day scent. two other great rainy day scents - FM Dans Tes Bras and Narciso Rodriguez for him EDT

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like im not the only one that thinks oud wood is a rainy day scent. two other great rainy day scents - FM Dans Tes Bras and Narciso Rodriguez for him EDT
Margiela Jazz Club is a nice one too, but on the sweeter side.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yuzu soda. Its a warm rainy day. Freshness helps cut through everything. Wish it was slightly cooler either the temp or fragrance and thjs wohld be perfect

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Jubilation XXV and Interlude, never tried overture. They make a certain style of fragrances that i think take some time to appreciate. I like to stick to my 2000's designers and Hermes/Dior/Chanel exclusive releases

I have a few of them too. Interlude is probably the best. My problem with Amouage is that they smell expensive without being special. Oligark chic.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to sample the new Terre D'Hermes Eau Givree this weekend and it's quite well done. Nothing ground shaking but was a pleasant surprise for me, given the original TdH is too overladen with ISO-E super for me, and the cumin is off-putting - at least to my nose that always makes the B.O. association with cumin in fragrances.

The TdH Eau Givree is an EDP and projects somewhat less that the original EDT, and opens with a stunning cool, citron, more green, bitter/dry, than sweet, combined with juniper and hint of pomelo/grapefruit and offset by timut pepper. From there, to my nose, it deepens slightly and softens down into something very reminiscent of the original TdH character, but without the somewhat screechy aspects of overused ISO-E, and pleasantly devoid of cumin. Less earthy in the heart and base overall. Longevity is decent at about 5-6 hours.

Eau Givree is presumably a replacement for the previous flanker - Eau Tres Fraiche, that has become another discontinued casualty of the EU ban on lyral and lilal, and which is causing many houses to pull multiple fragrances from both their EU and US distribution. Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino Forte is another superb summer fragrance that has met it's demise due to these components being banned in the EU.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to sample the new Terre D'Hermes Eau Givree this weekend and it's quite well done. Nothing ground shaking but was a pleasant surprise for me, given the original TdH is too overladen with ISO-E super for me, and the cumin is off-putting - at least to my nose that always makes the B.O. association with cumin in fragrances.

The TdH Eau Givree is an EDP and projects somewhat less that the original EDT, and opens with a stunning cool, citron, more green, bitter/dry, than sweet, combined with juniper and hint of pomelo/grapefruit and offset by timut pepper. From there, to my nose, it deepens slightly and softens down into something very reminiscent of the original TdH character, but without the somewhat screechy aspects of overused ISO-E, and pleasantly devoid of cumin. Less earthy in the heart and base overall. Longevity is decent at about 5-6 hours.

Eau Givree is presumably a replacement for the previous flanker - Eau Tres Fraiche, that has become another discontinued casualty of the EU ban on lyral and lilal, and which is causing many houses to pull multiple fragrances from both their EU and US distribution. Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino Forte is another superb summer fragrance that has met it's demise due to these components being banned in the EU.
I was planning on checking that out tomorrow.
Spring Santa dropped a fat Bloomie’s gift card on my lap.
Tuscan Leather today…

Spinster Jones

Reaction score
Oud for Greatness by Initio.

Got a tester from the same guy I bought the Via Dell'Incenso from, and **** me - why didn't he show me this as well ??

It's like a well blended mix of warm woody spicy goodness. Insane price though. Such a heavy smell, yet it doesn't get cloggy or meaty. Doesn't induce headaches either, which is so weird, as the sillage is quite strong.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
A regular for nearly 10 years for me.

Karlus72

Reaction score
Anyone who didnt check out Cuir D'Ange by Hermes, i would highly recommend. Smells seriously like a brand new leather/suede bag, so nice. I need to get a bottle of that and some earlier batch Tuscan Leather. I believe they watered down Tuscan Leather sadly.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's news today - Penhaligon's Eau sans Pareil.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's scent - Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads