• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m one of the only people who think habit rouge is ho hum. It’s still better than most but at the end of the “good” classic Geurlains
I can see where you're coming from. This has a generic-good quality (not damning with faint praise) but it like, it seems like you could lump it in with a bunch of other good scents. Or, like, it smells like what a classic fragrance ought to smell like.

Does that make sense?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes it does. It’s funny because I get a subtle woodiness to habit rouge that nobody mentions.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
The one I have is the edp, and while I normally prefer edps, Habit Rouge can be a bit rich at times. I think I might want the edt, too.

Today is Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum.

375x500.27417.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one I have is the edp, and while I normally prefer edps, Habit Rouge can be a bit rich at times. I think I might want the edt, too.

Today is Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum.

375x500.27417.jpg
Well I could still smell the EDT this morning.

Comme des Garcons 2 Man. At the start it was super incense-y with a bit of wood and very masculine. Now it is much cleaner and I get a lot of the bright, citrusy elements I have in Yuzu Soda. It's not bad but the start was a lot more interesting and this is basically point-for-point the same as YS, but less pronounced.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alexandria II Xerjoff...
One spray, and I'll still smell this tomorrow morning.
1642607944339.png

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not wearing anything today yet, but last night was Le Labo Patchouli 24. I've had very positive reactions to that one in the past. It's quite strong though, so I'm pretty selective about the settings in which I'll wear it.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

This one is so good but also so bold and intense that it can be a bit much, which is why I'm getting the wears in this winter while it's so so cold outside.

375x500.49755.jpg

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This afternoon I sampled the relatively new Chanel Paris-Edimbourg from the Les Eaux line. I had heard reviews saying it was the most masculine leaning of the line of EDTs.

Very nicely done. Dry, somewhat austere but not extreme. Juniper, Cedar, and Vetiver are the only listed notes per Chanel. As one would expect from Chanel/Polge, very polite doses of notes and elegantly composed with a bright opening, woody heart, and slightly sweet white musk/vanillic dry down. And there's a tinge of vetiver in there that has a harmonious presence. Very mild projection and essentially a skin scent through and through.

I can see this being perfect for a spring outdoor brunch, when one would not want to wear anything that might risk intruding on the senses of others, nor distract from the gustatory offerings, but where a closely-held personal aura of elegance would uplift one's own experience.

9260280250398-LES-EAUX-2020-PDP-EDIMBOURG-FRAGRANCE-974px.jpg

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Today is Profumum Roma Note di Profumum Meraviglia.

Like Portrait of a Lady but without the cheap drydown.

375x500.47088.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads