• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's something I've wondered: what is considered the good version of Sauvage?

The oldest one possible. The new junk is so cloying and overdone that you might as well bathe in manure.

Sidenote: I'm picking up a bottle of Autumn Vibes today. I love that cedarwood.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well i more meant, like, what is a good version of something that Sauvage is trying to smell like. Not necessarily from Dior but that general style.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i more meant, like, what is a good version of something that Sauvage is trying to smell like. Not necessarily from Dior but that general style.
I've seen more than a few reviewers say that Bleu de Chanel is in the same DNA as Sauvage, and Bleu de Chanel is classic, while old Sauvage is.......well.

On another note, I got my decant of Alexandria II in.
Super intrigued by this. I don't have anything else currently with rose notes. It has a decent amount of powder in it though, and I don't enjoy powder notes.
After an hour however, the powder went away and the scent was fairly magical.
The next morning it was still on my wrist as a strong skin scent...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen more than a few reviewers say that Bleu de Chanel is in the same DNA as Sauvage, and Bleu de Chanel is classic, while old Sauvage is.......well.

On another note, I got my decant of Alexandria II in.
Super intrigued by this. I don't have anything else currently with rose notes. It has a decent amount of powder in it though, and I don't enjoy powder notes.
After an hour however, the powder went away and the scent was fairly magical.
The next morning it was still on my wrist as a strong skin scent...
I didn't get any of the pepper from Bleu. I think that's what I like about Sauvage are the peppery notes in it.

papillo

Reaction score
I've got some Xerjoff Alexandria II on the way.
Anyone have any experience with this house?

Did you get this in yet? Thoughts?

Regarding the house, they have a LOT of fragrances, so chances are higher that you will come across more misses than loves. That being said, try to sample as many as you can yourself rather than relying on others impressions as you may find a gem that works for you. A lot of people try a handful of the more common offerings from the line and write off the entire house as a whole.

SOTD: Enigma Parfum Cologne.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get any of the pepper from Bleu. I think that's what I like about Sauvage are the peppery notes in it.
Bleu de Chanel has pink pepper in it, but different skin, different noses...

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Prada Midnight Train

375x500.44126.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm rushing, so it'll probably be Y-edp.
This fragrance is both a great buy, and a bad one.
It's so versatile, and smells so good, it can make you lazy with your choices...

p.s.
My 10ml decant of PDM Herod came in.
This is incredible on my skin, and never never goes away.
I'll be purchasing the 4.2oz

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Curious: if all of your fragrances doubled in price, which would you actually purchase a second bottle of?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads