• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to Sephora today. Smelled a ton. I had been wanting to smell more the Maison Margiela Replicas and I think I went through the entire line. Thought I would like Sailing Day but nope, no way. There was a harshness to it that was almost repulsive. Beach walk was very good but far too similar to my other beach-y fragrance (The Beach from phoenix artisan accoutrements). Lazy Sunday was great but I was like yeah I would literally only wear this on a--well, lazy sunday. I also was not sure I wanted to smell like that but I enjoyed the smell. No Barber Shop which I really wanted to smell and the springtime in the park or whatever it is was very nice but again not something I wanted to smell like. I really liked the bubble bath one but I thought it was maybe too feminine. I was honestly kinda bummed i didn't want to buy any of them.

I narrowed it down to H24 and Terre d'Hermes. Preferred the latter but I have a ton of woody fragrances. Really liked H24 but I thought there was something a bit too fruity to it. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger,

Oud Wood was excellent but not something I'd wear for a few months so I passed.

I went through the entire Clean line and there were some that sounded incredibly appealing by description but...just didn't work. I liked the Neroli but it smelled too much like Mandarino d'Amalfi that I was wearing.

This one was fantastic: maybe because it was the first I smelled? I think I have too many floral fragrances but it was a good price and really evocative. I didn't buy it. I think I was tired of trying to decide which bottle to get and I just walked out.

papillo

Reaction score
Wearing Great Britain by Roja Dove. A nice creamy take on the russian leather genre.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was it @patrickBOOTH sho mentioned alexandria fragrances? Which ines did you like/do you remember any of their notes
Yeah, they are cheap as nuts. one thing I didn't know about them, is they are a dupe house. So they basically copy more expensive fragrances. Had I known this at the time I wouldn't have bothered with them tbh.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Frederic Malle Music for a While

375x500.47795.jpg

papillo

Reaction score
SOTD: Amouage Homage Attar. This thing seems to intensify the longer its on the skin. Two dabs from the tiny vial and its blooming.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys had to recommend one scent (multi-purpose/all season if such a thing exists)

What would it be and why?

I've been using Terre D'Hermes (my better half buys it for me) for a long time, and maybe it's time for a change??

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you guys had to recommend one scent (multi-purpose/all season if such a thing exists)

What would it be and why?

I've been using Terre D'Hermes (my better half buys it for me) for a long time, and maybe it's time for a change??
Sauvage.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Acqua di Gio Profumo it is a nice aquatic and soft floral fragrance. I don't know that it is special but I like it. Worth a sample, I suppose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads