• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Today is Frederic Malle The Moon

375x500.56095.jpg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is an odd one, warm but rainy. Decided to go for a light application of this:

425011.jpg

ultravisitor

Reaction score
This is just gorgeous. It's a shame it's so expensive, but I think it's worth it. One of the most incredible fruity fragrances I've ever smelled.
Yes, it's definitely expensive, and it's my favorite of the Desert Gems. The Malles are less expensive in Europe, though, and I'll be in Greece next month, so I may pick up another while I'm there. Do I hear The Night calling me? Hmm...

shoewarma

Reaction score
Yes, it's definitely expensive, and it's my favorite of the Desert Gems. The Malles are less expensive in Europe, though, and I'll be in Greece next month, so I may pick up another while I'm there. Do I hear The Night calling me? Hmm...
Haven't smelled The Dawn and The Night myself. People keep calling them "fecal", but they will call any remotely animalic oud scent "fecal".

Wearing Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza today for the first time this year. Man, it's such a great scent. I love this for the added spiciness that compliments the white florals so nicely. Much better than plain neroli or orange blossom scents.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bowmakers.

If this had a bit more citrus and maybe dialed back the power of the woodsyness I think this could be an everyday scent. Like it really could be now. I'm talking about it being off only by a touch.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Haven't smelled The Dawn and The Night myself. People keep calling them "fecal", but they will call any remotely animalic oud scent "fecal".
As someone who grew up in rural Kansas, I often think that people who call oud fragrances "barnyard-y" probably have no idea what a real barnyard smells like.

Today is Ex Nihilo French Affair.

375x500.47569.jpg

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did anyone manage to get a bottle of the Norne oil that instantly sold out yesterday on Luckyscent?

ultravisitor

Reaction score
did anyone manage to get a bottle of the Norne oil that instantly sold out yesterday on Luckyscent?
I considered it and it was in stock when I looked, but I'm don't feel strongly enough about Norne--I prefer Profumum Roma Arso, myself--to buy it blindly. Besides, I'm going to Greece next month, and I'd like to save my pennies to buy some perfumes over there with the European prices and VAT refund.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m crazy about OG norne (finished my bottle last year) but the new “big dose of sandalwood” concept had me a little spooked on this reissue. Not that I managed to buy a bottle. I suppose I’ll start seeing eBay resellers trying to get like $500 for it shortly.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I’m crazy about OG norne (finished my bottle last year) but the new “big dose of sandalwood” concept had me a little spooked on this reissue. Not that I managed to buy a bottle. I suppose I’ll start seeing eBay resellers trying to get like $500 for it shortly.
The rest of the batch of the Norne oil will be released next month, so maybe pay attention to the response people have to it after this initial release to figure out if you want to get in on it next month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads