• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bortnikoff Sans Fleurs.

Is this a good scent? Yes.

Would I wear it again? Almost assuredly no.

I think @patrickBOOTH is on to something with the fertilizeresque smell. I think it's more akin to the funk in a rhum agricole but it's a..... scent for sure. There's interestingly enough some flowers to this and the general Bortnikoff smell I've picked up on all the others I've worn. Weird scent. It's kind of like experimental classical music: you can like it for what they are doing but not want to listen to it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been wearing Helmut Lang Cuiron a lot lately. I think I could be happy with a three-bottle collection of this, Dusita Issara, and Indult Tihota

Maybe DS & Durga's Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake if I can add one more.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bortnikoff Sans Fleurs.

Is this a good scent? Yes.

Would I wear it again? Almost assuredly no.

I think @patrickBOOTH is on to something with the fertilizeresque smell. I think it's more akin to the funk in a rhum agricole but it's a..... scent for sure. There's interestingly enough some flowers to this and the general Bortnikoff smell I've picked up on all the others I've worn. Weird scent. It's kind of like experimental classical music: you can like it for what they are doing but not want to listen to it.
He definitely like yellow florals. Ylang, champaca are almost always present. But yeah fertilizer! I love it because it brings me back to my landscaping days, but no I wouldn’t wear it. Musk Khabib which I got recently is awesome.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing Helmut Lang Cuiron a lot lately. I think I could be happy with a three-bottle collection of this, Dusita Issara, and Indult Tihota

Maybe DS & Durga's Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake if I can add one more.

Cuiron is the only one of these you’ve mentioned that I have smelled but I always loved that scent. Thank you for the reminder maybe buy a bottle!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuiron is the only one of these you’ve mentioned that I have smelled but I always loved that scent. Thank you for the reminder maybe buy a bottle!

It was one of the first full bottles that I have bought. I think of it more of a summer scent, however.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a spring time fragrance that doesn't smell like more citrus or wood or floral scents like I've been wearing?

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a spring time fragrance that doesn't smell like more citrus or wood or floral scents like I've been wearing?

Would something with a somewhat woody base be all right? Eau de L'Occitan is nice: a spicy, lavender fougere with pepper notes.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You might like January Scent Project Vaporocindro or Eiderantler which are very unique takes on fresh/green/fougeres.

Probably similar to what you're wearing but Deja Le Printemps by Oriza is good too.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks yall. If I have a minute today or tomorrow I will look at those recommendations.

Phtaloblue for today. This is so freaking good. It's like I'm falling into the ocean (in a good way)

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today.

Bogart%2Bmarch%2B3.jpg

In the box, there is a little tube of after shave cream, good for one use, two max.

Bogart%2Bmarch%2B4.jpg

Bogart%2Bmarch%2B6.jpg

Fresh and green, that I did get but not much else because not enough projection after 6 sprays under clothes.

Will try 10 or 20 next time I wear it. Will report.

Bogart%2Bmarch%2B10.jpg

Bogart%2Bmarch%2B12.jpg

Last edited:

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I re-sprayed some more at home, with just homewear on, it's nice but I couldn't possibly analyze it note by note beyond green and fresh but not a chypre
I think it's on the weaker side but some people on fragrantica claim otherwise.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday was Di Ser Mizu.

Gonna buy a bottle.

Today is Musk by Bortnikoff. It's nice. But I wouldn't know what's different between this and the other floral Bortnikoff's I've worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads