• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Since you guys mentioned home scents I thought I’d share this recent purchase. Japanese made for the french atelier Astier de Villatte. They were way way under retail (on postmark) but I am considering buying their Buenos Aires incense at full price. Other then that I’m still just wearing Salvador Dali Pour Homme a lot.
3681E5AB-D83D-4B8C-B112-DAA50545F980.jpeg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you guys mentioned home scents I thought I’d share this recent purchase. Japanese made for the french atelier Astier de Villatte. They were way way under retail (on postmark) but I am considering buying their Buenos Aires incense at full price. Other then that I’m still just wearing Salvador Dali Pour Homme a lot. View attachment 1558417

How much under retail? Lol but I gifted my dad some of the scented matches from Buly in their Retour D’Egypte scent and it’s really really nice.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
How much under retail? Lol but I gifted my dad some of the scented matches from Buly in their Retour D’Egypte scent and it’s really really nice.

they were $20 a box then 30% off if you bought three items. Seller was “do_deals” not sure if they have anymore I regret not getting all of the Namche Bazar they had.

I have Buly’s Eau Triple Rose Damas and really enjoy it. I’ve meant to look for more of their products.

Last edited:

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were $20 a box then 30% if you bought three items. Seller was “do_deals” not sure if they have anymore I regret not getting all of the Namche Bazar they had.

I have Buly’s Eau Triple Rose Damas and really enjoy it. I’ve meant to look for more of their products.

Holy crap that is below retail haha but I’ve only tried Buly’s skincare and those matches but so everything has been really high quality and their customers service is great.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well this sounds like a fragrance I would like.

TauerVetiver DanceVetiver, cedar, vaguely Chinese spices and cooking, some floral woodVery unisex and complex. Probably better for the weekend and spring time. Maybe buy a bottle.

This is a very nice scent. It's kind of exotic. I assume that's the vetiver? When I say floral wood I mean the two seem to be combined rather than floral and wood. If that makes sense. And Chinese cooking I mean when you walk through Chinatown or whatever and there's that aroma of everything mixing together--it's all food and no food.

Wearing this I'm reminded of when I lived in Sydney and there are lush, hilly gardens, parks and greenspaces. Basically a San Francisco but more rolling and more green. Anyway, I am just remembering walking through some of those parts of town after the rain and it was a bit cooler than usual.
If you guys have ever had Necco wafers or Sweethearts, I'm now picking up the scent you get from the whole box or log of them. It is not unpleasant.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notorious Oud by D.S. & Durga today. It has some animalic scent in the first hour. Is that civet or is it something else?

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notorious Oud by D.S. & Durga today. It has some animalic scent in the first hour. Is that civet or is it something else?
Civet is listed in the notes, so it's probably that.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BortnikoffCoup de FoudreSalt, sweet woody citrus. Smells a bit like other Bortnikoffs. An unusual scent. Maybe buy. Feb. 21

I am in the office and this is borderline office appropriate. When I sprayed this is was like when you are at an antipasto bar or a deli with a bunch of olives and stuff. I still get some of that funk but now with no astringency from vinegar--I'm not ******** you that is exactly how it smelled.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CDG x MonocleHinokiSpanish Cedar. A good humidor. Not super long lasting. Would buy.Feb. 22
This has been all Spanish Cedar with the occasional whiff of thyme all day. Very nice. I think I didn't spray enough this am.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also.

Scented candles.

The ones I've used have had mild fragrances. Nice but like, I want to be able to smell them.

I was thinking about buying some Diptyque candles how strong is their aroma? NGL the Chesapeake Bay Candle brand (I think a luxe version of Yankee Candle) has a strong smell. Well priced, too.

wearing cdg Hinoki is one of the reasons i look forward to summer. anyway, diptyque candle strength talk: really depends on which it is. feu de bois is great, unique, and sort of middle of the road in terms of intensity; i found their oud and opopanax candles to be borderline intolerable in terms of strength of aroma. but maybe that's also connected to scent preferences -- making a whole place smell like diapery oud is quite a move.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Bond Wall Street. I hate it but feel the need to finish the bottle (got as a gift).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads