• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, you're saying that it mixes better with your body chemistry after 2 days of not showering?
I LITERALLY TOOK A SHOWER TODAY OK

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another round of samples from Lucky Scent

Bortnikoff's samples are Amber/Moss/Musk/Vesna/Coup de Foudre

I'd been looking at the Imaginary Authors after seeing their FB ads.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another round of samples from Lucky Scent

Bortnikoff's samples are Amber/Moss/Musk/Vesna/Coup de Foudre

I'd been looking at the Imaginary Authors after seeing their FB ads.
My favorite bortnikoff’s have been oud Maximus, musk khabib, triad, mysterious oud. haven’t tried the moss or musk colognes but I’m interested. It seems like you got samples of the latest collection which people were underwhelmed by. I smelled them at scent bar and I quite liked them. I remember sans fleurs to smell like fertilizer, and Loukom to have a prominent ylang note. Chypre was nice, but the least interesting of the bunch.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite bortnikoff’s have been oud Maximus, musk khabib, triad, mysterious oud. haven’t tried the moss or musk colognes but I’m interested. It seems like you got samples of the latest collection which people were underwhelmed by. I smelled them at scent bar and I quite liked them. I remember sans fleurs to smell like fertilizer, and Loukom to have a prominent ylang note. Chypre was nice, but the least interesting of the bunch.
I have found that a lot of oud and sandalwood scents (not the same, I know) are a bit too exotic for me...

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found that a lot of oud and sandalwood scents (not the same, I know) are a bit too exotic for me...
The same thing with me, but reversed. I grew up in an Indian household so things like oud, sandalwood, and incense were common scents growing up and I have good memories of them. A lot of "Western" notes certainly smell good, but more "exotic" in comparison because none of my relatives would wear things like that.

On that note, wearing Agar de Noir by Areej le Dore. Really deep, complex scent with a nice violet accord on the top. I'm sensitive to sweet foods and fragrances, and this doesn't push it too far.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched any in awhile, but last night I checked out a few Jeremy Fragrance videos.
It is some guilty pleasure entertainment.
He's doing his top 10 Tom Ford fragrances from inside a store ( Bloomingdales?) I don't know if he got permission, or went commando, but once in awhile you see some old people shoppers walking by, with a wtf look on their faces.
Anyways, his top TF is Tobacco Oud.
I have it, and it's my least favorite.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I tried a sample of memoirs of a trespasser by imaginary authors. I can’t say I dislike it but the amount of vanilla makes it pretty gourmand. It doesn’t feel like a vanilla cookie scent or anything but almost like a subtle vanilla ice cream.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today I tried a sample of memoirs of a trespasser by imaginary authors. I can’t say I dislike it but the amount of vanilla makes it pretty gourmand. It doesn’t feel like a vanilla cookie scent or anything but almost like a subtle vanilla ice cream.
I haven’t liked anything I’ve smelled by that house.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sandalwood seems to be a crowd pleaser, but I find it a bit boring. Of course real Mysore sandalwood is almost no more, but it is a note that’s in so many cosmetics and men’s products I just don’t care to go out of my way for it. Oud on the other hand exists in so many facets I find it very exciting.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t liked anything I’ve smelled by that house.

So far I’ve tried a few but I mostly agree. I didn’t actively dislike any of the ones I tried but at the same time I didn’t like anything enough to consider buying more than a sample.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the free sample of "Homesick" from the Observer Collection.
I screwed up and didn't notice that the delivery address was still set to my kid's house.
So I asked her to give me a review, which is quoted in it's entirety here:

"Smells like a rich old mans basement couch that’s never been sat in, collecting the smells of the underground."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads