• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Any others you would recommend to try?

I am a fan of the Moss and Musc candles but I got a pack of votives for a friend a while ago and she loved Baies and Mimosa.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Any others you would recommend to try?
Just finished this one/Amazon.
Great price for the size, and it's a good smell.
1606952067095.png

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just ordered the following decants.

YOU PEOPLE HAVE TURNED ME IN TO A MONSTER OK

Hindu Grass1ml Sample1$14.99 USD
Coffee Break-Maison Martin Margiela samples & decants -Scent Split

Coffee Break2ml Glass Spray1$6.99 USD
Italian Cypress-Tom Ford samples & decants -Scent Split

Italian Cypress1ml Sample1$11.99 USD
Viking-Creed samples & decants -Scent Split

Viking2ml Glass Spray1$12.99 USD
Green Irish Tweed-Creed samples & decants -Scent Split

Green Irish Tweed2ml Glass Spray

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried Heeley's new Zeste du gingembre. Really nice scent. Proves again that few perfumers can match Heeley when it comes to fresh, sparkling scents (like Sel Marin, Note de Yuzu, Menthe Fraiche) without smelling like cheap men's bodywash. Big slug of warm ginger and citrus initially, then pepper and cardamom in the drydown. Longevity could be better, but that's ok with a scent like this.

Also bought Jovoy's Les Jeux sont Faits. Boozy (rum) Tobacco but also greener than I expected. But as usual with Jovoy the initial impression is usually very positive, but after a while the linear compositions becomes slightly tiresome.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried Heeley's new Zeste du gingembre. Really nice scent. Proves again that few perfumers can match Heeley when it comes to fresh, sparkling scents (like Sel Marin, Note de Yuzu, Menthe Fraiche) without smelling like cheap men's bodywash. Big slug of warm ginger and citrus initially, then pepper and cardamom in the drydown. Longevity could be better, but that's ok with a scent like this.

Also bought Jovoy's Les Jeux sont Faits. Boozy (rum) Tobacco but also greener than I expected. But as usual with Jovoy the initial impression is usually very positive, but after a while the linear compositions becomes slightly tiresome.

I love Menthe Fraiche.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the easiest way to get CdG fragrances?

their website is a pain **********, and a bunch of the main retails won’t ship fragrances to the US. US based ones are either much more expensive or don’t have the fragrances I’m looking for

I second Patrick Booth’s recommendation of Luckyscent. That’s where I’ve bought my CdG bottles, though it’s been a few years since my last CdG full bottle purchase through them.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with these :mad2:
Don't listen to pB. Popular scents are popular for a reason. If I had to get down to a two-scent collection, I would go with GIT for S/S and IC for F/W. (Assuming I had a source for the now-discontinued IC.) If you gave me a third, I would choose Chanel Egoiste (preferably vintage) for an evening scent.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to pB. Popular scents are popular for a reason. If I had to get down to a two-scent collection, I would go with GIT for S/S and IC for F/W. (Assuming I had a source for the now-discontinued IC.) If you gave me a third, I would choose Chanel Egoiste (preferably vintage) for an evening scent.

Indeed, and popular is also pretty relative. Some of these niche or expensive fragrances might be in a lot of collections here or on Basenotes, but the average person isn't likely to own them.

Now something like the modern Sauvage, that's popular in the classic sense - i.e. way too common.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do I like popular scents? The most I own are from two houses that are unarguably not popular Meleg and DSH

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Really want to try Les Jeux sont Faits.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading about this subscription, it sounds reasonable and intriguing. But I don't know the creative people behind the scents.
Looks like you get a mix of toilette and parfum.
Wouldn't mind some feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics