• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recall if Luckyscent runs any type of Black Friday promotions?

I just checked some old emails because I was wondering this too but the past few years it was the same deal.

A sample pack of 8 or so samples for cheaper than normal and a code to use for a larger gift if you spend over ~$100. So nothing really of note historically.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked some old emails because I was wondering this too but the past few years it was the same deal.

A sample pack of 8 or so samples for cheaper than normal and a code to use for a larger gift if you spend over ~$100. So nothing really of note historically.

Thanks, I assumed no major sales.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do people feel about Amouage perfumes? and any recommendations?

I have tried a handful and I’m mostly indifferent. I didn’t really dislike any but I didn’t really like them either.

For me they were a little too forward, like even with one spray you could smell me across the hall type thing but YMMV

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried a handful and I’m mostly indifferent. I didn’t really dislike any but I didn’t really like them either.

For me they were a little too forward, like even with one spray you could smell me across the hall type thing but YMMV

Same experience for me with Xerjoff. Lots of marketing and uber-lux branding, but still composed with as much synthetics as many others.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found Amouage fragrances to be loud and bombastic, although not as bad as the awful Slumberhouse. They are definitely not everyday wears, unlike, say, Creed. The closest to a people pleaser is Reflection Man. I really like Jubilation XXV, but it seems to me like a fragrance best reserved for a formal occasion.

Nikos

Reaction score
I also like Jubilation, but it is rather grandiose. I haven't tried any other from them though.

shoewarma

Reaction score
If you like 89, I'd also recommend Rogue Perfuemery's Mousse Illume. Fantastic, especially at the price.
That is on my radar, for sure. But, I've never heard anyone compare it to Floris No 89. I don't find the Floris green or mossy at all, so I wonder what the connection is.

Is 89 as much of a Neroli bomb as I've heard? Because I'm not super keen on those kinds of scents.
Not really. You could make the argument that the neroli might be providing a sweetish white floral aspect, although I didn't personally detect any of it. It's really just a barbershop scent with a rosy, musky, and powdery character. But, it's not just a barbershop scent. It's much more than that.

shoewarma

Reaction score
I also like Jubilation, but it is rather grandiose. I haven't tried any other from them though.
Huh, grandiose isn't a word I'd associate with Jubilation XXV. It's relatively tame on me, and I'm still not impressed by it whatsoever. It has a rancid milk accord that makes me gag, and it tries too hard to be a heavy-hitting oriental, but gets the balance of notes wrong on so many levels.

I only have Journey Man, which I love, but I'm not wearing it as much as I'd hoped, and I think I prefer Epic Man to it these days. Epic Man just has that intoxicating gasoline-drenched suede-like note that makes it so interesting and different. It's like a much better, smoother Dior Fahrenheit.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
15% off at Parfums Dusita. The first time I've seen them run a sale. Issara is my favorite perfume and prob the one I'd keep if I had to throw everything away.

Code is BLACK15.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dawn spencer hurwitz: bright20 for 20% off. I picked up deco diamonds, Mata Hari, and rendezvous.

rogues Etsy page also has discounts

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a bottle of Aqua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez for $10.

Sprayedsome on just now to see how long it will last when I sleep.

Gotta say for $10this is a phenomenal scent. Even at like $70 I'd be happy (I don't know how long it lasts). It's lemony, almost lemony candy like. Rosemary and bay leaf herbal. Very Mediterranean very classic and very good. Probably not the best for winter, though TBH.

(Side note, anyone have any good winter-y scents? I tend to like fruity, citrusy type scents. There' just a disconnect I suppose, when it's gray out and I smell like the Italian coast in July.)

Also got two shave creams one that was scented to smell like oriental spices sea air and cucumber. I get more sea air and cucumber in the way that watermelon jolly rancher is the watermelon flavor even though it isn't watermelon flavored. It's a good soapy scent.

Also Truefitt & Hill 1805. It smells just like all the other 1805 stuff. Which is to say: fantastic.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a bottle of Aqua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez for $10.

Sprayedsome on just now to see how long it will last when I sleep.

Might not make it to my nocturnal activities...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads