• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice. I actually wore my sample of Floris No. 89. Such a gorgeous scent. I initially didn't care too much for it, but wearing it more lately has made it click. Very classic, elegant, gentle, and well-mannered.

RIP Mr. Connery.

I do like pairing elegant scents with a variety of styles as well. There are a few that I reserve for days when I wear tailored clothing only, but some work equally as well with either.

shoewarma

Reaction score
i actually like the direction GQ has been moving the past few years but the articles on skincare and fragrances leave much to be desired imo
Really? That's the best they could come up with? I had no idea Versace had a luxury line of fragrances until I saw them on a discounter's website. Speaks to how irrelevant they have become.

And don't even get me started on the "best reboot". Dior Homme 2020 is a textbook example of the most banal garbage that has defined the past decade or two of mainstream perfumery.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? That's the best they could come up with? I had no idea Versace had a luxury line of fragrances until I saw them on a discounter's website. Speaks to how irrelevant they have become.

And don't even get me started on the "best reboot". Dior Homme 2020 is a textbook example of the most banal garbage that has defined the past decade or two of mainstream perfumery.

Not to mention I see nothing about Bitter Peach, which is easily better than Dior Homme.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven’t smelled any of them, but Dior Homme has become a lasting classic whereas Bitter Peach just came out.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t smelled any of them, but Dior Homme has become a lasting classic whereas Bitter Peach just came out.

The original, yes, but this reboot is not quite the same. Not worth it if you already have the 2011 version.

shoewarma

Reaction score
The original, yes, but this reboot is not quite the same. Not worth it if you already have the 2011 version.
Yeah, it's not even close at all. It's a completely different scent from the 2005 and 2011 versions, and the Dior Homme name makes it even more confusing.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Bitter Peach on the way, also ordered a decant of Italian Cypress. I remember someone raving about that one, and it's discontinued...

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Bitter Peach on the way, also ordered a decant of Italian Cypress. I remember someone raving about that one, and it's discontinued...

Ah, so you've tried Bitter Peach? I wonder if your experience of it was similar to mine.

I tried to get my hands on a full bottle of Italian Cypress in the past, but I don't have time for all the fakes. I don't really like decants, so you'll have to enjoy it twice as much.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, so you've tried Bitter Peach? I wonder if your experience of it was similar to mine.

I tried to get my hands on a full bottle of Italian Cypress in the past, but I don't have time for all the fakes. I don't really like decants, so you'll have to enjoy it twice as much.
Was that you that loved Italian Cypress?
I haven't even smelled it before, just went on a whim.
I'll let you know what I think...

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that you that loved Italian Cypress?
I haven't even smelled it before, just went on a whim.
I'll let you know what I think...

Oh... you'll like it, trust me. It's a great peach fragrance, and it's casual but refined enough to work with a lot of different moods.

I haven't any experience with Italian Cypress, but I also heard it was good and was trying to find it about a year ago.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to try Bitter Peach again. Just smelled it on a strip and to me it smelled like a cheap version of Angel. If I want peach I go for Histoires de Perfums 1969 (even though it might be too feminine for some.).

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to try Bitter Peach again. Just smelled it on a strip and to me it smelled like a cheap version of Angel. If I want peach I go for Histoires de Perfums 1969 (even though it might be too feminine for some.).

I didn't like it as much on the strip either. I'd say you should try a spray on the wrist and see how this one develops. The combo of peach and skin is key, it seems.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Current stuff...

Burberry%2BLondon%2Beau%2Bde%2Btoilette%2Bnov%2B2020%2B13.jpg

I thought it nice but nothing as sophisticated as other suggestions on here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads