• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, so first impressions on Bitter Peach:

The peach is quite powerful, and not at all citrus-y. There's supposed to be blood orange, but I don't get that - it's all davana, peach, and patchouli on me. Davana is one of those things that reacts differently on your skin, and for me it's actually woodsy.

So it's this peachy, bright, and very fresh scent. I actually like it very much! It is quite potent, as the patchouli makes a great base. One or two sprays on my arm only and it was still detectable through a mask, and on a chilly day. And of course, totally unisex.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't find it to be a summery scent. It could work well right now or in the spring.

I should say too that the bottle is very attractive - the sprayer top mimics the look of a peach centre, and the outside colouring is like the peach version of Lost Cherry. It deserves to be sprayed in a black marble bathroom, with a side shower.

Update from last night: Once the perfume wears down, as anything will, the peach settles into a really nice skin scent. Something about that note and skin just works.

Last edited:

-Skyfall-

Reaction score
SOTD YSL Y EDP

Picked up Tom Ford Ombre Leather earlier this week, and have really been enjoying it. Was not wearing fragrances for quite awhile, but finally getting back into them. Right now collection consists of YSL Y EDP, Creed Aventus, and Tom Ford Ombre Leather.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
What are the typical scent volumes that everyone buys? I bought a larger bottle in the past of Acqua de Parma Oud and its lasted a long time. Seems hard to justify buying a new one and don't want to make that mistake in the future. Have my eyes on getting something new like Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinnaire or something from D&S Durga (their Amber Teutonic seems interesting).

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the typical scent volumes that everyone buys? I bought a larger bottle in the past of Acqua de Parma Oud and its lasted a long time. Seems hard to justify buying a new one and don't want to make that mistake in the future. Have my eyes on getting something new like Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinnaire or something from D&S Durga (their Amber Teutonic seems interesting).

I find that it depends on both the bottle, and how often I want to use a particular scent. Some bottles just work better in 50ml - i.e. they fit into the hand better for spraying.

I look at fragrances the same way I do food: I'd rather buy half as much of the good stuff and use it less often, than have twice as much of what I don't really want.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how big your fragrance rotation is. I have between 20 and 30 bottles, and I've found that 50 mL is more than adequate. I've run out of VE, TFPB Neroli Portofino, and TFPB Italian Cypress, but nothing else.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would wait until I finished my business on the toilet before spraying fragrance.

Some of us like to multi-task when working from home.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I typically like larger bottles, but no larger than about 100ml. I find the larger bottles aesthetically more pleasing usually and they typically offer the best value. That said, I have enough fragrances now that it probably doesn’t make much sense to do so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads