• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
Is that Nobile 1942 Patchouli I spy in the middle there? I got that this summer and am blown away by it. Best patch ever.
Nope, this is Fougere Nobile. I've been enjoying it so much for that black pepper note it has. It's not really what I'd consider a fougere, but it's really nice nonetheless. If love to try Patchouli Nobile as well some day.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@shoewarma: Is that Nasomatto Pardon in the back? Pardon is my favorite scent from that brand (much better than the awful but inexplicably popular Black Afgano), but I found it very limited in application--definitely not an everyday scent.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I might grab Musk Lave and Grandenia. If I don't love them I can always flip them, probably at a profit. I have found that I like owning vintage stuff and sniffing once in a while, but I prefer to keep them as artifacts as I don't want to use them up only to have them disappear.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Pardon it is. I don't think it's difficult to wear to be honest because it's not as loud on me, but I also don't tend to overspray anyway. I've never tried Black Afgano, so I don't know enough to form an opinion, and I'm not too familiar with Nasomatto as a whole either. The only other one I have experience with is Baraonda, and I really want to get a bottle of it. For when Les Jeux sont Faits gets too spicy and vulgar, Baraonda is a good one to wear if you just want the beautiful sweet aroma of aged whiskey and nothing else.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My gf likes Baronda too, but I don't really get it. It smells a bit typically 90s to me for some reason, just kind of a cloying hairspray note that I can't get past.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I might grab Musk Lave and Grandenia. If I don't love them I can always flip them, probably at a profit. I have found that I like owning vintage stuff and sniffing once in a while, but I prefer to keep them as artifacts as I don't want to use them up only to have them disappear.
Isn't the ALD release limited to one bottle per person?

And yes, that is the quandary with vintage stuff.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, this is Fougere Nobile. I've been enjoying it so much for that black pepper note it has. It's not really what I'd consider a fougere, but it's really nice nonetheless. If love to try Patchouli Nobile as well some day.

I've seen some good reviews on Nobile's Fougere. I'll have to grab a sample from my next Luckyscent order.

Isn't the ALD release limited to one bottle per person?

And yes, that is the quandary with vintage stuff.

I stand corrected on the ALD6 launch. One-bottle per person limit just for Santal Galore and only about 150 bottles available left. Sounds like the others in the collection have several hundred bottles remaining.

Enjoying J.P. Guerlain's last creation today, Coriolan. Can't believe how well integrated it is. Bergamot, lemon, neroli, clary sage; ginger, juniper, nutmeg, ylang-ylang; patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, benzoin. All the notes are there in a clear spaciousness, with nothing dominating. Masterful and super underrated. Amazing longevity for an EDT (~ 7 hours). It was on the market for only four years and pulled off in 2001.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
What I’ve been wearing lately. Parle Moi de Parfum is Tomboy Neroli. Simply neroli and ambroxan but the best use of ambroxan Ive smelled. It gets so close to the dark decaying animalic smell of real ambergris without ever turning.
15BD711F-B57A-4058-B764-1B12B093436B.jpeg

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How'd you make out with the launch yesterday? I jumped on and had just about given up after 45-minutes of Bad Gateway errors and site failures on Areej's hosting end, then ended up getting a Musk Lave. I had tried several of my samples again yesterday morning, and the ML grew on me. Wanted to snag a Santal Galore based on the scarcity and hunch it would be a good flipper and had it in my cart at one point, but could never execute purchase due to the website failures. As of last night several filppers on Ebay already had SG posted for over $1K.

Later in the evening Musk Lave was already getting low, so decided to pull the trigger on a back up bottle. I think it's going to be a sleeper in the collection. The antique lavender is pretty stunning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads