• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I agree that Tuscan Leather probably does smell better, I don't think it's the better fragrance. I really like the sweet and addicting fruitiness that's way in the forefront, but man, it's just such a trashy, boorish fragrance overall. It's one of those fragrances that will wear you, no matter what personality is. I'm far from the louder than life person that TL seems to target, but I have my moments. Even then, I can't pull it off because it's just too much. That's why I much prefer Ombré Leather. It still smells very much like TL, but it's much classier and cuts down on the fruity accord significantly. It doesn't have the rough and animalic leather note that other leather fragrances have, but that's what I personally prefer. OL is more intimate and mature, yet still attractive and intoxicating.

Tom Ford is 1970s Sleazecore. I dont mean that perjoratively, just descriptively.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Latest artifacts.
3CAF3A52-B991-4C23-B806-B0134ABEFFE6.jpeg

343897D1-E245-4E03-89AD-92CF0CEF48E4.jpeg

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My gf bought Arpege and My Sin. She gifted me My Sin ❤. They are both amazing and were not very expensive. Yeah, the Vol De Nuit was a drunk Ebay purchase. Much more of a violet note than the modern edt. This one is 1985.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gf bought Arpege and My Sin. She gifted me My Sin ❤. They are both amazing and were not very expensive. Yeah, the Vol De Nuit was a drunk Ebay purchase. Much more of a violet note than the modern edt. This one is 1985.

Awesome. Fragrantica calls My Sin "dangerously seductive". What does your GF think?

My Vol de Nuit has a softer opening on my skin than a dip of the end of a test strip. On the strip, opens with a sharper and more distinct rich bergamot and galbanum. Now a hunt is on for a later flanker of VDN called Evasion - nearly impossible to find.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, the gf likes My Sin better than Arpege. Arpege certainly smells more dated to me in that "old lady" kind of way. Never heard of Evasion. Interesting.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may never wear anything other than the WCS Oriental. (Until it gets warm again and I want the frutier, tropical scents. Or it's what passes for cold and I like the Incendo @patrickBOOTH came through clutch with).

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a family trip to the Sierra's near Lake Tahoe Labor Day week. Got to finally visit the Fragrance Vault in South Lake Tahoe. I had bought some vintage gems from the owner, Jana, in the last couple of years but never visited. Wow, what an amazing shop. Incredible selection of vintage and contemporary stuff.

She ships anything, so if you're looking for a nice present for yourself or others, definitely worth checking in here. Not everything she has is on her website so good to call. Bonus is her shop helps support a wolf rescue that she operates too.

20200911_152803 (2).jpg

20200911_152758 (2).jpg

Got to spend a half a day just hanging out at the shop and sampling all kinds of stuff. Total immersion. Discovered an awesome Italian house called Meo Fusciuni and took home two from the house - Spirito and Narcotico. Stunning line that has a new release coming out soon which I'm looking forward to trying - Varanasi.

Also scored a mid-80's Habit Rouge EDC.

A standout vintage from Lanvin besides Arpege, was the ultra-rare Geranium D'Espagne.

20200911_173919 (2).jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received some legit decants...
I have Lost Cherry, and am waiting for Bitter Peach.
I'm going to be the Tom Ford Carmen Miranda.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received some legit decants...
I have Lost Cherry, and am waiting for Bitter Peach.
I'm going to be the Tom Ford Carmen Miranda.

Bitter Peach sounds like fun. I actually enjoy some of his newer scents, like FF, more than most.

Did you try Rose Prick yet? It's floral, but actually quite nice.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bitter Peach sounds like fun. I actually enjoy some of his newer scents, like FF, more than most.

Did you try Rose Prick yet? It's floral, but actually quite nice.
Not yet.
I did smell FF, but it was really powdery.
I want to get some on me, so I can wait for the dry down.

I ordered the decants to see if the company was legit, and they are so I'll order some more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads