• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I honestly hate those little vials. I am never ordering from anywhere that doesn't have an atomizer option again. There should be a boycott.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly hate those little vials. I am never ordering from anywhere that doesn't have an atomizer option again. There should be a boycott.

Is there an alternative that does have atomizers? Because I would definitely give them preference.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some places it depends on how much you decide to spend, like Surrender to Chance.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Yea, those vials are useless, and the prices all those niche shops charge are honestly robbery. They're not even 1 mL.

On the topic of juniper, I think Penhaligon's Juniper Sling does it well, but it's so light that it does itself a disservice. Gin is supposed to be very aromatic. Frapin L'Humaniste is also very good, but it has more citrus than I want in such a fragrance. It's really surprising how hard it is to find a proper gin-based scent. Creed Royal Mayfair is up there as well, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, it is how they probably make most of their money. I don't think there is enough people buying niche stuff, and consistently for that matter to sustain them. I mean, I could be wrong, just thinking out loud.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, we can calculate the margin on the samples pretty easily, even if we're assuming that they buy the bottles at retail price, and it's pretty high. Meanwhile you can buy a plastic 2ml atomizer in small quantities for about $0.30 a piece. ****, if they charged you an extra $.50 to get an atomizer, I'd gladly pay the difference. Maybe there's a concern around them leaking?

shoewarma

Reaction score
I mean, you're not wrong. 0.7 mL vials are probably much more profitable for them. But, the problem lies with the value for the customer. You don't get nearly enough fragrance to get a great feel for it for the money you pay, and the usability of those vials is pretty low. I guess in the US, the cost isn't as prohibitive. I'm in Canada, so these things can be very pricey.

SOTD is Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012. Great scent with a lot of artistry behind it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of course I get into fragrance as soon as this ******* virus comes along. I have a Scent Bar in my city (Lucky Scent) where you can spray everything you can imagine in the place, but noooope.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I don't trust my ability to wash them properly enough (mostly the pump) to trust what sprays out of them. I feel like I will always have previous fragrance taint in there.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End also has a bunch of Margiela frags on sale, but they appear to be region locked. Can only add them to my cart if I have shipping to UK selected.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wearing Rogue's Champs Lunaires. Powdery tuberose, with a hint of that oak moss in.

Joytropics

Reaction score
Still rocking my Tom Ford Noir. Helps me maintain a sense of consistency and ritual while everything is disrupted by quarantine.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Today's pick is Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme. It's been a really long time since I've worn this; probably a year or so. It's always the slightly sour and bitter artemesia that puts me off of wearing it, but that goes away quickly and gets balanced out by the light sweetness of the rose and cinnamon. It's a really nice and unique fragrance, but not one that suits my personality. My 11 mL is enough for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads