• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you stick with the vial, you can get a good sense of what the fragrance smells like if you put the vial up your nose, then, while still holding the vial in place, do a handstand so the liquid pours directly into your nostrils.

These tips, I give to you, for free.

shoewarma

Reaction score
If you stick with the vial, you can get a good sense of what the fragrance smells like if you put the vial up your nose, then, while still holding the vial in place, do a handstand so the liquid pours directly into your nostrils.
Good idea, I don't know why I never thought of that.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Man, this quarantine is driving me nuts. I've been wearing a lot of scent to keep me sane over the past week. Today, I put on Floris Leather Oud. It's a great scent, but it's so much weaker on me for some reason. Maybe it's because it isn't very balsamic at all and is rather thin for an oud-based fragrance.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking to my gf about how staying at home one can catch up on smelling a lot of fragrances on oneself without disgusting people around you. I have on L'Artisan Fou D'Absinthe. Don't know much about it as it is a sample, but I like it. It is bright, while being spicy. I get some licorice, cardamom, maybe a hint of clove. Typically I find clove overwhelms fragrances, but this seems to do it right. Or maybe it isn't in there at all? All in all, a lovely fragrance, from a great house.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.masslive.com/coronaviru...-early-indicator-of-covid-19-doctors-say.html

So basically fragrances should be HSA eligible.

Meanwhile I'm feeling like a lot of the fragrances I've been trying have been blurring together for me, probably owing to trying too many in a short time. Today is Frapin The Orchid Man - just put it on, no thoughts yet - while yesterday was By Kilian Light My Fire, which really reminded me too much of By Kilian Black Phantom, but a bit less gourmand. I think I prefer Black Phantom.

Oh, and I also wore Caron Yatagan the other day. Really delightful. I think maybe my grandfather used to wear this? Or maybe not, I'm not sure if he was ever the type to wear cologne, but it feels like the fragrance he would wear. I'll probably have to pick up a bottle next time I'm doing an order. Although I hope this review isn't how I come across if I wear it:

Capture.PNG

:rolleyes:

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the types of people who use the word cuck would consider me a cuck. I'm also pretty sure I'm ok with that.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while but today while WFH I chose to wear a fragrance I made myself while in Paris. Initially I didn’t like it as much, came off a little too floral but over time it calmed down into an awesome woodsy musk with some white floral notes. Still haven’t named it though.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Must try this Caron Yatagan. Not sure if I am a cuck or not though. Probably?
Relax, you're not. It's not the offensive beast that people say it is. It is animalic, sour, and bitter for sure, but it's not a stinker. Not my kind of fragrance, but give it a go. You'll be surprised by how tame and palatable it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads