1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

SOTD: Neroli Extrait - much more interesting and much better longevity than Neroli Portofino.

Does a day ever go by where you don't wear a frag?...I feel like it is a very natural part of my daily ensemble...and it is hard to think of a time where I would not opt for a frag...or imagine myself without a scent of the day....

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It would be a very, very unusual day that I didn't wear at least three fragrances.

1 person likes this.
  3. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I normally wear two...

One in the morning applied before work

and one in the evening applied whenever I return home from work

sometimes on the weekends I have time to rotate in a third

4. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Shanghai Lily. It's a lovely sweet, bright, tangy floral with frankincense.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Parfum Satori Sakura - as the name implies, it is inspired by the cherry blossom, but it also has a lovely heart of incense. This is unusual in that the perfumer is Japanese and they usually associate incense with graves/tombs.

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

New York Oud. So much (slightly sharp) rose in there. It's good!

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Your avatar certainly looks like you would. :)

Today I'm wearing Dior Imperial Patchouli, for the first time. It's not really what I expected; not a 1960s hippy smell at all, much more refined and balanced with woods and amber. I like it a lot, but am surprised that it doesn't pack a little more punch given the line and its cost.

8. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

SOTD - Prelude to Love - A nice citrusy powdery frag....I like it a good deal....

9. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Ambre Nuit. The amber here is ambergris. It's a sweet rose and ambergris accord, and I think there's also myrrh in there, although I've never seen that listed in the notes. I enjoy it, but on some days I find it too rich for my liking. Today was one of those days. (I suspect that it's the myrrh that gives that richness. I'm not a fan of myrrh unless it's really well blended.)

SOTD: Ormonde Jayne Ta'if. As I've said before, this is on the very short list of my very favorite fragrances. I actually dislike the opening, which is way too peppery for me. But once it gets into the heart, it's absolutely stunning. It's a sweet floral, with rose in the forefront. But there's also date and amber to round it out.

10. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight: Montale Black Aoud - I think this has been discussed enough, with the rose/oud combo that lasts for-fucking-ever.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Heyo, just thought I'd ask the "three scents a day" crowd here, if I love stuff that smells like sap or like a tree, like Slumberhouse Norne or CdG Hinoki, what would you recommend?

13. James1051

James1051 Senior member

My decant of Muguet Fleuri finally arrived, and so that is my SOTE. It is a beautiful, green, mossy, muguet soliflore from Oriza L. LeGrand. I grow muguet in my garden, and pick handfuls for the house in early May each year, so yeah, I am a fan of straight up lily of the valley. And this fragrance is a deadringer for the real thing. Big thumbs up for me![​IMG]

14. L'Incandescent

Have you tried Epicea by Creed? Rocabar by Herm├Ęs might also be worth a try.

15. b1os

b1os Senior member

Jubilation XXV. One of my favorites.

16. L'Incandescent

My SOTE is 34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque.

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

@L'Incandescent, thanks. I'm gonna look into those.

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Yosh Sombre Negra.

19. WillfromToronto

WillfromToronto New Member

Today: Billy Jealousy Illicit

20. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today is DHI. Dior Hommme is one of the few scents I have an FB of that my wife likes, so I thought I'd get a decant of this and try it out as well. I don't find it has much similarity to Homme, lacking the cacao note that I like in the latter. It's also not "intense" in the sense of being more concentrated or powerful; it's quite a refined scent. People reckon that this is an evening scent, but I rate it as quite appropriate for office, daytime etc.