• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last few days: Colonia Assoluta, L'Eau de Jatamansi, Scirocco (Paolo Gigli).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, what do you think about that mysterious fragrance that JFK bought for many of his friends and then, as an afterthought, for his brother as well?

Maquis

Reaction score
SOTD: Hermes Equipage. I'm revisiting this after a long hiatus, and I really like it...

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuire Mauresque this morning. I've bought several samples of this over the years, but can't seem to justify buying a bottle. It's close enough to other leathers (Kinze especially) that a full bottle seems almost redundant; it's different enough, though, that I keep thinking about it.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, what do you think about that mysterious fragrance that JFK bought for many of his friends and then, as an afterthought, for his brother as well?

I don't think I know this story.

Pre-shower: Jonquille de Nuit. I'm liking this more and more.
SOTD: Oud 27.

ExhibitA

Reaction score
SOTD: sampled Black Afghano today. one spray and this thing is still going strong ... powerful stuff.

olivier.nyc

Reaction score

I don't think I know this story.

Yes the story is a bit far fetched and looks like a good marketing scam. I got it as a gift and I must say the fragrance is superb. Complex enough with mixes of florals and woods. I did get a bit of vanilla on the dry down. I find it elegant and not over powering.

As for the JFK story, true or not, it sure is a great conversation opener... :)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ That has gotten a lot of good attention. I've seen it mentioned on a number of best-of-the-year lists. How do you like it?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ That has gotten a lot of good attention. I've seen it mentioned on a number of best-of-the-year lists. How do you like it?

Not convinced yet. I get a pleasant spiced chocolate aroma from it, but it doesn't seem to have lasted a long time on me. I need to give it another try before making up my mind.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Put on Timbuktu earlier today and I just don't like it, though my opinions have changed on many fragrances in the past (Mitsouko, Chanel Exclusifs, to name a few); but it doesn't last long and there's this dominant celery-like note that makes it annoying throughout its short life on my skin.
Then, this evening, I applied Avignon to my right forearm and find this to be an absolutely beautiful scent with so many facets to delight me both intellectually and emotionally. I was not raised a Catholic, by the way, but I do love to visit places of worship when I travel because to me they are as important to the culture of the people inhabiting those foreign areas as the local cuisine happens to be. And Avignon just isn't a reference to Catholic churches but also evokes memories of old buildings with the smell of waxed and lacquered wood over the centuries along with the aura of the smoke from too-numerous-to-count candles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads