1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It is the kind of vetiver I can appreciate because of the citrus and spicy notes, which round out the prickly edges of the vetiver. Along with Dior's Vetiver and L'Artisan's Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, it's near the top of my list of favorite vetivers.

2. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD Mancera Roses Vanille

3. L'Incandescent

Hey foolios you will never guess what I am wearing as my SOTE of the evening it is A Taste of Heaven.

4. Homme

Homme Senior member

^ I have a decent size decant of that, can never detect the absinthe, all I get is lavender & vanilla. Leather oud yesterday, and probably again tonight

5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I went to the annual sale at my local niche perfumery and bought about half the store. I’ll have quite a few unisex things to try from a whole range of houses. I did end up buying a few that may be a bit girly judging from the reviews, and I’d be interested to know if anyone’s tried them. The ones I’m doubtful about are:

• TDC Osmanthus
    • TDC Pure Eve
    • Honore des Pres Love Coco

Thoughts?

6. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Circling back to a pair of Creed summer fragrances that I tried last summer, was undecided about and had put down for several months. Its interesting and kind of fun to get a whole new take on a fragrance.

Today is Silver Mountain Water. I get petitgrain and a light green note sitting on a mild slightly salty sandalwood-ish base. Not at all bad. Wearing it happily. Not sure I'd spring for a bottle though.

Yesterday I wore Millesime Imperial at the office. When I wore it before, I for the life of me could not pick out the much bally-whoed melon note. This time the note was clear, and I rather liked it paired with that salt spray note. It seems to share a common base with Green Irish Tweed, as I kept thinking of GIT. Anyway, as I said, I rather liked it, and if a bottle fell in my lap, well, life is good...but still doubt that I would spring for a bottle. There are other summer scents I'm liking better.

Great day guys

7. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Haven't tried them. There are a couple of other TDC scents that I do like and bought--sel de vetiver and bois d'iris.

8. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Hi Horns.
    Yeah, I thought it was an interesting combo of orange + vetiver + musk. A bit more powerful than many Le Labos, which often lean to the discrete side. This one is not discrete! My notes:

3 sprays to arm. Wood, oud?, vetiver, orange citrus. Very musky. Unusual. Aromatic, muscular, powerful. Not discrete. Very woody and strong orange. The musk has a soapy component and an animalic component. No real oriental spices evident. Not bad, for cool, cold weather.

9. James1051

James1051 Senior member

And I tried this one for the first time a week or so ago. Liked it quite a bit. A floral vetiver. I saw where it was compared to Guerlain Vet. Pour Elle, which I have been searching for (and not finding). I'll probably grab a bottle of Vetyverio if I can find a good price on it.

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Thanks for the input.

Today: CdG Harissa.

11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

SOTD Yesterday - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver - this was a sample I was testing...it was not my favorite vetiver...I would say it is aptly 'grey'...completely neutral...nothing standout...just a bland vetiver scent

SOTE Yesterday - Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - another sample - the first three hours of this was like intense raspberry...it was pretty overwhelming...it finally mellowed out into a leather scent...

SOTD Today - Creed Erolfa - love this one but I hate its projection and longevity... any recommendations for something similar but that actually lasts more than like an hour?

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

I can still smell the Eccentric Molecules 01 in my shirt from almost two weeks ago after a second laundering. Smells good, but hard to believe for something I can't smell on my skin.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Aventus. Despite it's having been way overhyped in the online fragrance community, it really is good.
    SOTD: Amour de Palazzo (Jul et Mad). This is a wonderful amber, a little bit animalic and with lots and lots of labdanum.

14. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

SOTD Chanel Allure Pour Homme Blanche - i like this one but it has absolutely no longevity on me...reminded me a good amount of Creed Millesime Imperial too.

SOTE - Knize Ten - classic!!

15. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Heeley Iris de Nuit today. From my haul at the sales.

16. L'Incandescent

My SOTE is Creed Original Santal.

17. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Thats a good one!

For me today, Géranium pour Monsieur, my favorite summer scent.

18. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Is that Edition Blanche? Ive had that on my Try List for a year. Never see it on the shelves.

19. L'Incandescent

I've got a bottle of Edition Blanche. It's a creamy lemon and vetiver scent. I actually get pretty decent longevity from it.

Pre-shower: Tobacco Vanille
    SOTD: Terrasse à St. Germain for a night at the opera.

20. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Going with that one too. Only the 2nd time I've tried it. For some reason the initial mint toothpaste blast doesn't annoy me as much this time around.