• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stinking hot weather, Philosykos last night and today.

Maquis

Reaction score
SOTD: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.

Interesting. Herbal rummy sweet licorice. Similar to body Kouros, I suppose, but with slightly less anise and a more pronounced herbal note up front. This was a blind buy a while ago that I haven't found the occasion to wear much since. I'm not a big fan of gourmands generally---they are usually a little too sweet for me---but this had a nice springtime quality to it that was appealing on a crisp, sunny winter day...

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got two bottles in the mail today: Le 3' Homme de Caron and Rive Gauche Pour Homme - two badly-needed classics and of the two I put on the Caron tonight.

Silence229

Reaction score
Currently playing: Viktor + Rolf Spicebomb, Terre D'Hermes, Biotherm Force, Prada Luna Rossa, Bulgari Man
All different in their own right

NorthernTiger

Reaction score

Currently playing: Viktor + Rolf Spicebomb, Terre D'Hermes, Biotherm Force, Prada Luna Rossa, Bulgari Man
All different in their own right

I liked the Spicebomb. I didn't find it spicy, despite the name, but it had a nice cedar and vanilla drydown on my skin (even though I don't think those are used in it).

Today was Paco Rabanne pour Homme. I think I added an inch of hair to my chest. Very "green" scent.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread. I've been stocking up over the sales, looking for a great summer fragrance (we are having a stinking hot summer here).

Today I'm testing Asprey Purple Water. I hate it, frankly. On application it's reminiscent of lemon-scented laundry powder. After a couple of hours, all I can smell is overwhelming musk.

Useless for wearing to work, so this one goes down as a failure, I think.

Maquis

Reaction score

Got two bottles in the mail today: Le 3' Homme de Caron and Rive Gauche Pour Homme - two badly-needed classics and of the two I put on the Caron tonight.

+1

Today: Caron Le 3ème Homme.

This seems to get a lot of love on this thread recently, and I understand why. I like the bright creamy herbal floral weirdness. It's not an office fragrance, perhaps, but it would work for going out (which, with a 3-1/2 year old, unfortunately doesn't happen as often as it used to...:blush: )

Plus, I hear it's fairly inexpensive....

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been lurking awhile without posting... anyway I'm also wearing Fils de Dieu today. Tried it for the first time a week ago and love it - definitely need a bottle in my life!

Also, any suggestions for woody fragrances - I've tried Wonderwood and Micallef Gaiac recently and liked them - anything else I should check out? Thanks

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slumberhouse Norne today. Recovering from a particularly drawn-out cold, so I need something strong.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I liked the Spicebomb. I didn't find it spicy, despite the name, but it had a nice cedar and vanilla drydown on my skin (even though I don't think those are used in it).

Flowerbomb isn't very floral either! In fact, Spicebomb is spicier than Flowerbomb is floral.

Been lurking awhile without posting... anyway I'm also wearing Fils de Dieu today.   Tried it for the first time a week ago and love it - definitely need a bottle in my life!

Also, any suggestions for woody fragrances - I've tried Wonderwood and Micallef Gaiac recently and liked them  - anything else I should check out? Thanks

There are so many excellent woody fragrances, but Tom Ford Santal Blush is the one that comes to mind first. I'd also recommend Byredo Bullion if you can find it. (It was a limited edition.)

Pre-shower: Seville a L'Aube. This is one of my biggest disappointments of 2012. I had high expectations, based mostly on how compelling the story behind it was. (I know I should not base expectations on good stories, but I'm a sucker for them.)

SOTD: Amber Absolute

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Santal Blush too. I'd also try Santal Majuscule by Serge Lutens.

Haven't worn many fragrances these days. Not sure whether it's because I've just had ten similar-ish samples with me or whether I just wasn't in the mood for. Will have all of my samples available from Tuesday on again so we'll see. ;)

Last edited:

Aldous

Reaction score
I recently had a sample of CdG red sequoia and that stuff is amazing.

olivier.nyc

Reaction score

Interlude Man - meh.
Interlude Woman - meh.
Santal Majuscule - very nice. Sandalwood, oud, rose,...
Voyage d'Hèrmes parfum - rich version of the regular. Seems nice.
Allure Homme Édition Blanche - very nice. I dislike the regular Allure Homme, but this version is very good.
Other than that, the usual in the past weeks, no particular order: Tea for Two, Ambre Sultan, Chergui, Amber Absolute, Tabac Blond éxtrait, Poivre Piquante, Dzing,
I actually tried to ask for some samples (Édition Blanche and Santal Majuscule). No samples left. I know why I'm ordering them online.... some SA told me that they got ten (!) samples along with a new release. And that they were allowed to decant samples by themselves years ago but that it's forbidden now... :(

Quite surprised you don't like Interlude.... I am also a huge fan of Edition Blanche which is in my permanent rotation. And Lutens Chergui I also find fantastic. What makes you give interlude a meh ? I though you were an Amouage fan... My wife hates it too !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads