1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

My SotD begins with a J and ends with icky. Don't get confused by the name, it doesn't smell icky.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Homme

Homme Senior member

3. kulata

kulata Senior member

Mancera Rose Vanille today.

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Amouage Memoir Man.

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

This is considered by many to be the benchmark jasmin, which makes me definitely want to try it.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Douce Amere
    SOTD: Chypre Palatin

7. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

dior bois d'argent

8. James1051

James1051 Senior member

9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

L-ucky you.

Wearing Aoud Velvet today. Strange beast, for a Montale oud.

Maybe I should have worn something that smells of poppies today. Is there such a thing? Somebody did suggest wearing something that smells of ANZAC biscuits, maybe a toasted coconut scent.

10. Allez Allez

Allez Allez Senior member

I wore Rive Gauche today and my significant other proclaimed that she did not like it much.

11. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I rarely buy Jicky online unless they have a picture of the actual bottle and box. It's been in many forms over the years and aftermarket retailers rarely label it right (and the pic on Fragnet is an EdT, while the ad says "edP refill"). Refill means it's just a plain glass bottle intended to be slipped into one of the big gold canisters.

All Jicky is good Jicky, though, and my reason for not ordering online is just because the value differs radically based on what it is... $50 for a refill EdT is "meh" pricing but $50 for an old Parfum de Toilette is a bargain. If it is a refill EdP as they claim, then that's a pretty good (but not stellar) price and might be worth a try.

re: different formulas for EdT/EdP, etc. I think that was mostly in a discussion about Chanel, not Guerlain.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  12. b1os

b1os Senior member

My bad. Sorry for the confusion, James.

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

No worries; all concentrations from every brand are different. BUT, Chanel is one that intentionally changes the character of its variations... whether for stylistic or marketing reasons (giving a reason for somebody to buy one of each variation, for example).

Guerlains don't really change too much as they move up the foodchain... just darker/deeper/richer. Like, I happily wear Shalimar EdC on spring/summer days, but I couldn't imagine giving the parfum a whirl in 80+ degree heat. They still are obviously the "same" fragrance, however, so probably only a diehard frag fan would ever buy more than one.

Chanel n5, n19, and Cristalle (to name a few) are quite different animals in the EdP; the EdTs of each are more in line with the old originals. If you were to wear n19 EdT and then the EdP, you'd notice a lot of differences. Moreso with Cristalle.

My SOTDs are admittedly boring since I only have about 10 frags now, so they tend to repeat. But, in any case, wet/rainy and a bit muggy so Miss Dior parfum (oakmoss, labdanum, and civet! yum).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  14. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

Mosiac by IA ... So far i have liked every scent this house has produced. Its not top shelf material but works fine for everyday wear.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.

16. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Thanks. I'm going to take a flyer on the EDP refill. Have never seen the PdT on EvilBay, BN or elsewhere

17. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Man I like that one for spring. Greenery+a soft leather.

As is my habit, I returned to iris scents this week, wearing Chanel No. L19 EdT earlier in the week, 28 LaPausa yesterday and Iris Pallida 2007 today at woik. For dinner out tonight, I'll be sporting Lab Olfattivo Nirmal.

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Do you like this?

19. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Yup, I like Nirmal. It gets up close to my sweet limit (I don't enjoy Iris Poudre, for example), but for nights out, especially in cooler weather, I think it works well.

20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There is a fragrance by Tom Ford called London. I mention the fragrance because it is what I wore today.