• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

green bastard

Reaction score

I've said this a thousand times, but I much prefer the conversation here. There's really not much conversation to speak of over there, just a bunch of hit and run posts. I suspect that has to do with the nature of the posts: "What's the best Creed?" People are just going to come in and name their favorite Creed.

I absolutely agree with you. The constant listing of "your favourite christmas scent, favourite Creed, favourite Oud" etc is incredibly bothering. The scents are not discussed at all for the most part. Then some fragrances are hyped like there is now tomorrow, for instance Aventus. Now I enjoy this one quite a bit, but the gushing praise it gets is just upsetting. As of now the Aventus-Batch-Numbers Thread has 1402 responses. And the scent is disc... well, mostly listed as all time number one here: Aventus (1160). Or is getting relentlessly bashed by the Aventus hate front.

I am wearing Bleecker Street, which might not suit this trist day too well, but my mood all the more.

On a side note, I watched the first Band of Brothers episode yesterday and am pretty sure Sobel used the word irregardless.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I am pissed as **** right now. WTF.

Obviously I have no insight into why you got banned. I do know, however, that the moderation is much, much more heavy handed over there and a lot of people get banned. If you restate your question, I bet a lot of people here can help.

+1

Here's the basenotes answer anyway:

Farenheit (be sure to get the vintage stuff!!!!!)
Aventus (be sure to get batch #A6INTRUDER!!!!!!!)
etc.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've said this a thousand times, but I much prefer the conversation here. There's really not much conversation to speak of over there, just a bunch of hit and run posts. I suspect that has to do with the nature of the posts: "What's the best Creed?" People are just going to come in and name their favorite Creed.

On a side note, I watched the first Band of Brothers episode yesterday and am pretty sure Sobel used the word irregardless.

:laugh:

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had some very special birthday presents yesterday:
- bottle of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
- a buddy of mine bought a lump of ambergris - I took some, put it into a spoon like some Mexican black tar, and lit it underneath with a lighter. The smell is remarkable and unlike anything I've ever smelled. I do have some ambergris tincture from Perfumer's Apprentice but it is nothing as pleasant and alluring like this stuff. It looks like super-old cat ****.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

No kidding. I tried to get into it a few times and I stopped caring soon after. It was a good place for picking up decent bottles for not much lucre, at the time (2006).

Hey, happy belated birthday HORNS!

Today, hmm. Went with Tobacco Vanille since I gathered it was feeling lonely and overshadowed by my rapturous devotions to Pure Havane, but this is a splendid scent in its own right.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday, HORNS!

Today, Opus 1870 for me.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy birthday, HORNS!

Pre-shower: TF Extreme
SOTD: Iris Ukiyoe

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, guys.

Maquis

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday HORNS! It sounds like you had a good one—

SOTD: L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas EdP.

...and this ends my incense run of the past week.

itaos

Reaction score
I know I am new here but I just want to say that I agree with your basenotes opinions- I already feel like this forum has more to offer, I am glad I stumbled upon you guys!

SOTD: Bond's Cooper Square and airport funk- been traveling all day....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads