1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Bottega Veneta today, from a manufacturer's sample I found in the market.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Voyage d'Hermes Parfum - it's a joke to call it a "parfum", "perfume", or "extrait", but I still like it a lot.

1 person likes this.
  3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Tobacco Oud. M-C asked a while ago about opinions on Volutes and Tobacco Oud. I find that there's a sinus-clearing sharpness in Tobacco Oud that's not there at all in Volutes, which is a much smoother tobacco. Also, I find Tobacco Oud much dirtier, especially at the open. I think of Volutes as the safer scent, but I think I like Tobacco Oud better.

SOTD: Villoresi Musk. I say this every time, but this is a really lovely, subtle fragrance.

1 person likes this.
  4. California Dreamer

5. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum.

6. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Is that the PH? If not, how do the two differ? I have a sample of the PH stashed somewhere.

7. James1051

James1051 Senior member

I've been looking for a time and place to wear MFK APOM PH.
    Well today its sunny, warm (mid-70s, for the first time in five months!) I'm not working, and there is a cozy chair on my deck.
    Bartender!
    [​IMG]

Looks like I found my time and place.
    Really enjoying APOM.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

Tobacco Vanille (it smells like tobaccco and vanilla).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: La Chasse aux Papillons
    SOTD: Datura Noir

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

It's definitely worth checking out. Actually let me know if you'd be up for a split or something later in the spring/summer.
    DtB to me is one of the weirder ones from Malle but really what his whole line is all about. I've got a container of the body lotion that was a gift and have used it for several months so I've never even worn my bottle but I've literally smothered myself in this for at least the past 100+ days :)

Well look who popped in to visit! J-man, you're one of the guys that got me started on this whole tumble down the rabbit hole. I don't know if I should thank you or spank you :embar:. Nice to see you again. That Chamade Parfum bottle is one of my favorite designs. I mean compare it to the Idylle bottle and you can see the houses' decline over the years. And don't even get me started on the juice inside.

Great! thanks for the review. I find TO quite strong musty and wet, rather masculine and a little prickly. I don't have a strong memory for Volutes other than it being rather smooth and probably closer to the middle ground gender-wise. I still think TO is one of the better releases from TF in recent years but the projection sharply tapers off after 2-3 hours. I'll probably go get a decant of Volutes to compare. Thanks again!

Nice one! I've actually got the papiers d'armenie or whatever they call it, basically paper incense. I think they sell it also as a laundry detergent which would be really nice. It's probably silly but I find I have a hard time paying $$$ for really simple scents like white musks or EdC's etc.

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Diptyque Vetyverio.

12. California Dreamer

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight is cold as hell: Tom of Finland.

14. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD Narciso Rodriguez for Him

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  15. L'Incandescent

16. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Pre-shower this warm Sunday morn: Cologne Pour Le Matin, because I am easily swayed by cologne names.
    And later this Sunday: ELDO Fils de Dieu

1 person likes this.
  17. California Dreamer

Something very different today. Last night I finally got the stopper out of a vintage bottle of cologne that I found in an antiques market. I gave it a dab test last night and it seemed fine, so I decanted some and it is my SOTD today. It's called Christy Eau de Cologne, and probably dates somewhere in the 50s-60s. I can't find out anything about it and therefore have no reference points, so I'll have to fall back on my weak descriptive skills. I'd call it an aromatic citrus,with a lemon soap smell. I'd say a summery scent, reminding me a little of Monsieur Balmain and YSL Pour Homme, but without any spices I can detect. I thought I smelt some vetiver in the opening, but that's gone now. Longevity remains to be seen, but I think I'd wear this again.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  18. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Allure Edition Blanche
    SOTD: Divine by Divine

19. b1os

b1os Senior member

V├ętiver Extraordinaire

20. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Angelique Noire- who would have thought i would find my favorite green frag within Guerlain? Does anyone know whether Guerlain will sell refills for this?