1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

TF VB (Violet Blonde) for me today.

2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today is our first 30 degree day for more than six months, so it's nice to break out the summer scents once again. Today is Monsieur Balmain.

3. Mariooo

Mariooo Senior member

4. johnQuest

johnQuest Member

tom ford noir

best scent ever for a dinner/drink date

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. James1051

James1051 Senior member

I really liked ST. It might be a bit underpowered, in that it never projects much more than mildly, but then again projection can be a negative for office wear. And I practically live at the office. Length was pretty good. Went 7-8 hours for me. And the scent is quietly yummy and interesting. I'm going to sample it one more day, but expect after that it may end up on my buy list.

6. L'Incandescent

I like Safran Troublant a lot too, but you've got to spray it pretty liberally IME.

I've switched into Mona di Orio Rose Etoile de Hollande to mark the transition into the time of evening.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

wow, so funny how this happens... you hear/see something you haven't in ages and then suddenly it happens again.

I literally just browsed/read up on reviews of Saffron Troublant like an hour ago because I bought a bottle and was wondering other people's impressions, and out of nowhere two of you are wearing it. And then, I just pulled the trigger on a bottle of Monsieur Balman, and lo and behold one of you're wearing it the same day. And these two aren't exactly common scents...

I also picked up a bottle of L'Artisan's Coeur de Vetiver Sacre. After testing it a couple of times, I think it's pretty solid, nothing amazing, but still very good, and considering Fragrancenet plus 15% off couple gets me 100ml NIB for $55, I'd say well worth it as a pretty cheap solid buy. Worst case I'll resell it for the same price in a few years. They also have a very good price on Serge Ambre Sultan and Fille en Auguilles (sp?)

8. James1051

James1051 Senior member

i recently blind bought Mons Balmain. My first and only BB. Pretty good for 25 beans.

Speaking of FN, some of their fb prices are lower than the prices for partial bottles of the same frag on EBay. Don't EBay shoppers actually uh shop around?

9. James1051

James1051 Senior member

Oh and
    Chanel Sycomore for today.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  10. California Dreamer

Well in my case, and quite a few others I know, FN have lost all credibilitiy as a seller and we will never buy from them at all. The prices might seem great, but they have a habit of not delivering when you think you've scored a great bargain. If I can't trust an online operator to do their part, I won't give them my business.

Speaking of bargains I found a FB of Philosykos in a junk shop last week, so I'm wearing that today.

11. L'Incandescent

I am wearing Poivre Piquant today.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

"Hive Mind"

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Oh, good! How do you like it? I like the floral component that makes it not deviate into the Comme des Garcons territory.

14. James1051

James1051 Senior member

re Sycomore, anyone ever detect a slightly sulfuric note buried in the vetiver after the lovely 'smoke' for which this frag is known has blown off?
    I was enjoying an after dinner refresh of Sycomore last night, watching late night sports and wishing the smoke of this frag would hang on a bit longer, when I picked up a wierd off note. Almost a touch of the smoking match stick. Was that just me?

Today, its chilly, grey and rainy, and to top it off, I'm starting the day in the dentist's chair. Therefore, Santal Majuscule. Hope my dentist enjoys it!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  15. L'Incandescent

Today I am wearing a fragrance called Lipstick Rose by Frederic Malle. I enjoy this one a lot, but I haven't actually had any around the house for about two years. But then a benefactor put some in an envelope of which was addressed to me!

16. California Dreamer

Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood today, from a long-forgotten mini that I keep in my dopp kit.

17. James1051

James1051 Senior member

It's another crappy, November like day here. Somehow, this weather calls for Hermes Bel Ami vintage--which is new to me.

Have a great weekend!

18. L'Incandescent

Ylang 49 by Le Labo. This is really gorgeous!

19. James1051

James1051 Senior member

That's one of the new ones, right? Got a good review as I recall.

20. L'Incandescent

Yeah, it's one of the new ones. It's one of those new-style chypres (i.e., chypre made within the bounds of the IFRA regulations). Definitely on the feminine side.