• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Mr Melanzane

Reaction score
Guerlain - Vetiver

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For anyone who is curious, I found 4 of the perfumes I was looking for at Fragrancenet.com and they're running 20% off right now.

Thanks, Homie!

What did you get?

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm wearing Bond No 9-Hampton.

This is one of the Bonds I like the best. To my nose it's an improved version of Silver Mountain Water.

So, I just tried the brand new Tom Ford Noir today. (I didn't just try it, I bought a bottle too.) Reviews online for this have been mostly negative so far, at least from what I've seen. I think I get where they're coming from, but nonetheless I actually enjoy the scent quite a bit. It's quite demure for a Tom Ford, a bit like Violet Blonde in that regard. It's quite powdery and vanilla sweet, especially as it dries down, and might therefore remind some of Habit Rouge. (I only know the edt of Habit Rouge, FWIW.) But there's a lot of other things going on too. The top is more bracing and herbal, with some pepper and violet leaf. (That's what I'm picking up at least.) But what I really like about this is that it's quite dirty, especially at the midpoint or so of its development. When news of this scent first came out, I was excited to hear that it featured civet. Well, the civet is not amped up to Jicky levels or anything like that, but there's definitely enough to add some skank.

For people who are concerned about such things, I experience this is definitely leaning masculine until pretty far into the drydown, where it becomes comfortably unisex. (Although there are those who would argue, with some cause, that my descriptions of gender appropriateness are unreliable.)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks, Homie!
What did you get?

Happy to help out. I picked up Bvlgari Omni Coral, Elie Saab parfum, Tom Ford Violet Blonde, and Vera Wang Lovestruck.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Happy to help out. I picked up Bvlgari Omni Coral, Elie Saab parfum, Tom Ford Violet Blonde, and Vera Wang Lovestruck.

Weren't you planning to get Prada Candy too? Do you like that one?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chanel COROMANDEL but after I applied it I wasn't sure if it was a women'f fragrance so I washed it off.

Byred Baudelaire, which I really like. I need to buy a bottle...anyone want to buy a S.T. Dupont lighter or Cutter?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Chanel COROMANDEL but after I applied it I wasn't sure if it was a women'f fragrance so I washed it off.
Byred Baudelaire, which I really like. I need to buy a bottle...anyone want to buy a S.T. Dupont lighter or Cutter?

Coromandel is definitely appropriate for men. It's really an extraordinary scent.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do you wash something off because you were not sure whether it's a women's fragrance? Did you like it or not? That's everything that should matter.

First fragrance-free day in months.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Weren't you planning to get Prada Candy too? Do you like that one?

None of these are for me. They're for the person I used to take care of. I was looking for Candy but its currently listed as out of stock, along with Bottega Vanetta, Balenciaga L'Essence, and DOT by Marc Jacobs. Still looking for those at a discount.

Meh on Coromandel. Never got the love for that one.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Coromandel is definitely appropriate for men. It's really an extraordinary scent.

Seriously!!! :confused:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Lovestruck is delicious, Rambodog. 

Yeah, they loved it after one sample. Was cheap as dirt after the coupon so I figured why not. You should have your lady friend try Elie Saab. Now that **** is good.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I love Coromandel, but only when I apply it sparingly.

Wearing Gucci Pour Homme tonight. There's a particular aldehyde in this that is also in cdg 2men and rose 31 that smells like a snuffed candle. I used to like it, but now I find it sort of nausea inducing. Wish I'd gone w something else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads