1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, that along with a lot of the most popular Chanels here on SOTD: Bois des Iles, Coromandel, No. 22.

But there are lots of popular Chanels here that aren't Les Exclusifs too: Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, Egoiste, No. 5, No. 19.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

2. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

CalTex, you should really try your momma's perfume, then steal it!

3. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

Thanks!

So, I am going to try Sycomore out then. Oh and I am not sure if I told you but I tried the Fantastic Man by Byredo and I really liked it.

4. L'Incandescent

One of the notes that's fairly prominent in Fantastic Man is vetiver. Sycomore is vetiver on steroids.

(Also, in case you ever want to buy a bottle of Fantastic Man, it would help you to know that Byredo has changed the name to Sunday Cologne.)

5. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

The Concentree is a bit different from the regular - Rach likes it about the same while I am a bit less fond - but unfortunately I think only the Concentree is available in the US. I tried the regular version in Mexico on my last trip there, post- IFRA oakmoss restriction, and I thought it had lost a bit of body in the reformulation.

CalTex - Sycomore is easily wearable by a man. I used to consider the beginning the best part, but after a while it becomes resinous/ambery and that's the part that both startles me and draws me in. Some folks say it gets thick and chewy.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

6. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

So the weather is in favor of Hermès. 68°F and a little sun. I chose Un Jardin en Mediterannée. Quite solid so far, I hope for decent lasting power.

7. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Have you tried Lalique - Encre Noir? It's definitely pretty good too and costs about half (or less?). But definitely try Sycomore too.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

8. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Today: Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle.

9. L'Incandescent

It's a cool, fall-like day today, so I went with Amber Absolute. It doesn't matter whether I haven't worn it for five months or I just wore it yesterday, I always realize that it's even better than I had thought.

I'm going to be out of the country for a while starting tomorrow, so I've got to decide which fragrances to take with me. It's a hard choice.

10. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior Member

Today : Terre D'hermes by Hermes

11. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I'm stuck in Dallas for a few weeks on business, and today I drove around some rougher neighborhoods looking for interesting discount perfume shops. I didn't find anything notable, but I did get a cheap bottle of Eau de Guerlain, which I've been wanting for a while. That same shop had a few other bee bottles that I noted - Eau d'Coq and Imperiale, (I didn't want another EDC, and then Parure edt and Chant d'Aromes, neither of which I'm familiar with. They weren't vintage or anything, but I didn't sample the Parure. It didn't make a huge impression at first, but about an hour later it really smelled great - some subtle fruit and rose and chypre-y stuff. I may go back and get it, though I still need to snoop around and see how cheap it is in the open market.

12. L'Incandescent

So do you mean you did sample the Parure? It's been discontinued for a long time, so you hardly ever find it cheap. I love Parure, and would definitely recommend buying a bottle if you find it at a good price.

13. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I've been reading up - it is apparently very hard to find. It was a 100 ml bee bottle of edt for $38. I'll go back and get it for sure. I did spray some on and I like it a lot. In the same style as Mitsouko but more modern.

14. L'Incandescent

Holy crap! That's an amazing deal. I recently bought a 30ml bottle of the edt for around $50 and I was ecstatic about that. Hell, I own 2 4ml minis, and those cost around $25 each.

15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member