Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yeah, that along with a lot of the most popular Chanels here on SOTD: Bois des Iles, Coromandel, No. 22.

But there are lots of popular Chanels here that aren't Les Exclusifs too: Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, Egoiste, No. 5, No. 19.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

CalTex, you should really try your momma's perfume, then steal it!

3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Thanks!

So, I am going to try Sycomore out then. Oh and I am not sure if I told you but I tried the Fantastic Man by Byredo and I really liked it.

4. L'Incandescent

One of the notes that's fairly prominent in Fantastic Man is vetiver. Sycomore is vetiver on steroids.

(Also, in case you ever want to buy a bottle of Fantastic Man, it would help you to know that Byredo has changed the name to Sunday Cologne.)

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The Concentree is a bit different from the regular - Rach likes it about the same while I am a bit less fond - but unfortunately I think only the Concentree is available in the US. I tried the regular version in Mexico on my last trip there, post- IFRA oakmoss restriction, and I thought it had lost a bit of body in the reformulation.

CalTex - Sycomore is easily wearable by a man. I used to consider the beginning the best part, but after a while it becomes resinous/ambery and that's the part that both startles me and draws me in. Some folks say it gets thick and chewy.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

So the weather is in favor of Hermès. 68°F and a little sun. I chose Un Jardin en Mediterannée. Quite solid so far, I hope for decent lasting power.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

Have you tried Lalique - Encre Noir? It's definitely pretty good too and costs about half (or less?). But definitely try Sycomore too.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle.

9. L'Incandescent

It's a cool, fall-like day today, so I went with Amber Absolute. It doesn't matter whether I haven't worn it for five months or I just wore it yesterday, I always realize that it's even better than I had thought.

I'm going to be out of the country for a while starting tomorrow, so I've got to decide which fragrances to take with me. It's a hard choice.

10. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior member

Today : Terre D'hermes by Hermes

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm stuck in Dallas for a few weeks on business, and today I drove around some rougher neighborhoods looking for interesting discount perfume shops. I didn't find anything notable, but I did get a cheap bottle of Eau de Guerlain, which I've been wanting for a while. That same shop had a few other bee bottles that I noted - Eau d'Coq and Imperiale, (I didn't want another EDC, and then Parure edt and Chant d'Aromes, neither of which I'm familiar with. They weren't vintage or anything, but I didn't sample the Parure. It didn't make a huge impression at first, but about an hour later it really smelled great - some subtle fruit and rose and chypre-y stuff. I may go back and get it, though I still need to snoop around and see how cheap it is in the open market.

12. L'Incandescent

So do you mean you did sample the Parure? It's been discontinued for a long time, so you hardly ever find it cheap. I love Parure, and would definitely recommend buying a bottle if you find it at a good price.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I've been reading up - it is apparently very hard to find. It was a 100 ml bee bottle of edt for $38. I'll go back and get it for sure. I did spray some on and I like it a lot. In the same style as Mitsouko but more modern.

14. L'Incandescent

Holy crap! That's an amazing deal. I recently bought a 30ml bottle of the edt for around $50 and I was ecstatic about that. Hell, I own 2 4ml minis, and those cost around $25 each.

15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Today: Slumberhouse Sova