1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today I am wearing Caravelle Epices. I went to my local shoe shop, and what should he now be stocking but Frapin fragrances! He had Speakeasy, L'Humaniste and a few others.

2. Ulsterman

Ulsterman Senior member

I'm completely obsessed with bois d'orage so I would recommend that up and down. One of the best made IMO.

If you haven't tried Nasomatto yet please do..I own Pardon and it is great.

They also have the full range of Serge Lutens. I own filles en aiguilles and love it, but they have dozens to try.

They also have Comme de Garcons line. Avignon is a gorgeous incense fragrance that is ridiculously addictive.

Hmmm what else, they carry James Heeley. Menthe Fraiche and Sel Marin are big hits from that line
    Although I prefer Geranium Pour Monsieur for a mint fragrance.

As.you will be in Union Square I suggest stopping in Nieman Marcus. The Dior section carries the entire le collection privee. Ambre Nuit, bois d'argent and Granville are standouts from that line.

3. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

What store was that? Luckyscents shipping kills it I'm in need of finding a new place for frapins

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I think Min New York stocks Frapin, but I don't know about their shipping.

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Good suggestions. Mine:

Le Labo Iris 39 - one of my favorite irises. Probably my all time fave iris.

Heeley Cuir Plein Fleur - outstanding, sophisticated leather.

Commes des Garcons Stephen Jones - I really like this perfume but you just have to try it.

Yosh - Sombre Negre - great masculine fragrance and one I've heard many interpretations of. If you like tobacco, this one is unsweetened tobacco, for those who like to roll their own with fine halfzware shag tobacco!

Talk to Josh there - he's a tall guy with a short-cropped beard. Very helpful and laid back. Him or Rebeca.

I also second the stop by Neiman Marcus. They have the Dior line as well as a great line of Guerlain.

6. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

So I noticed that Luckyscent is offering samples of the Le Labo city exclusives with the seductive tagline "Sample Now. Purchase Later." Does anyone know when/if actual bottles will be available for purchase? I've been longing for some Gaiac 10 for a while.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Bond No. 9 Cooper Square. I've been all over the map on this one. At first I hated it. Then I really liked it a lot. No I'm in the middle, but lean toward not liking it. There's a barbershop vibe that I like, but there's also a really prominent myrrh note that spoils it for me.

SOTD: Dior Gris Montaigne. This is a fantastic addition to the Collection Privee.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Caron L'Anarchiste

9. California Dreamer

Double Momk. Chris is asking $195 a bottle. I haven't had the chance to price compare.

10. California Dreamer

I've been reading the BN threa on layering, and i am going to try wearing POAL with Red Aoudh today.

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Odeur 71

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Left arm: Chergui
    Right arm: Fumerie Turque

13. L'Incandescent

M/Mink is my eveningtime scent yes it is.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Question for you guys... I've got brand new manufacturer samples of an entire line, so say like all 18 Byredo or Malle... on eBay, the individual samples go for like $8-12 a piece, so in theory having all 18 should cost around $200 also considering you can sample through the entire line at once... and yet do you think people will pay $200 to get the entire lines samples? It's around the same price as a decanter I think and at least they're 1.5-2ml samples not 0.5 and they're in atomizers with literature...

If you wanted to sample a whole line or have them all as a reference, like say Malles line or Byredo's, all 18 official samples, how much would you pay to get that?

15. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Bois Marocain
    SOTD: PdN New York

16. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior member

CDG/Monocole One: Hinoki

I smell like a cedar chest. Love it.

17. b1os

b1os Senior member

Dito!

SotD: Bouillon
    Yesterday: PoaL

18. California Dreamer

Wearing O'Driue Linfidele today. It's a balmy scent with a slight sharp note of pine. Perfect for this winter heading into spring weather.

Not FB-worthy, but I can't see how any O'Driu scent ever could be at their prices.

19. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Le Labo Santal 33 this evening

20. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Creed Erolfra

Yeah I got to play with the O'druio sample set and there were 2 I thought were quite nice but yeah I wouldnt pay the $$ for a FB