1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today: Dior Jules.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

How did you pronounce it in your own mind when you decided to wear it today?

3. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I liked hearing that french pronunciation yesterday, but the american one is pretty stuck in my head.

Wearing Derby today. Pronounced DehrBEE.

1 person likes this.
  4. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Like, "Those money-grubbing Jules are behind all this!!! :paranoia:"

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Iquitos
    SOTD: Tobacco Vanille

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

SOTD - Frapin Speak Easy...but I was/am worried its gone bad as I wasnt getting much scent so I threw some 1270 into the Mix as well. Frapin all round

7. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

Slumberhouse Jeke tonight.

8. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I wore that yesterday.

9. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I put on a tiny, TINY dab of ELdO Rien on my left wrist this afternoon - this is what I imagine what the boots of Mike Rowe, from "Dirty Jobs", smell like.

1 person likes this.
  10. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Conducting a little layering experiment today, blending two Antoine Lie wood/leather fragrances: L'Essence de Cerruti and Tom of Finland.

11. L'Incandescent

I can't tell a lie: I don't really like the opening of Iquitos very much. I think it's the combination of spices and aldehydes that remind me of moth balls. It's weird because it doesn't literally smell like moth balls, but I can't help but perceive it that way. Once it gets into the more floral heart, I like it a lot better. But that takes a while.

Also: I hadn't worn Tobacco Vanille in a long time. (Just recently got another decant.) One thing I noticed pretty quickly was that it's the fruit notes that really make this scent perfect. I've never seen anyone even mention the fruit notes before.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  12. pazzion

pazzion Well-Known Member

I managed to get a sample of Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower earlier this week, and I wore it yesterday. I am not quite sure if it's my type of scent (guy, early twenties and mostly wears suits to work and law school). But WOW! What an interesting and amazing scent. I will have to try it on a couple of more times to see if I can wear it without being overly self-conscious about it, but I really hope that I can. I usually hate scents that are flowery and powdery (that smells and feels like you've just got a big bouquet of flowers thrown in your face with loads of pollen just stuck all over your face and nose), and this sure is a flowery smell. But I get nothing of the bouquettotheface-sensation with this one. Instead, it's all soft and heavy but still light and really, really fresh. As the name so eloquently states: it's a really meaty flower-scent.

13. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Good for you, because beautiful is beautiful regardless of gender. If you want a tuberose that is beautiful and yet considered strange by most, try Tuberose Criminelle by Serge Lutens. I personally don't find it strange because to me it smells exactly like what a room smells like when it contains a ripe tuberose flower.

2 people like this.
  14. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Prada Candy. Perception is such a strange thing. I haven't worn this for about a year. In the past, I've always thought it smelled like burned plastic. I didn't like it at all. But today I smelled it as a sweet, creamy, benzoin dominant scent. And it smells quite pleasant.

SOTD: Anima Dulcis. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but my cat used to always think this was called Animal Duchess. Of course she thought it was for her.

15. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Prada Candy is a very high quality scent.

16. California Dreamer

Took delivery of a bottle of CN 21 last night, so I'm wearing that today.

17. Ulsterman

Ulsterman Well-Known Member

Ordered some Royal Oud today from overstock. Very good deal on it today, less than half what you'd part in NM.

Also thinking about those new one ounce bottles Creed is selling of the royal exclusives. Spice and Wood maybe.

18. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

See whether you can pull off Dior Poison.

On subject of tuberose, Diptyque has a good one in EDP.

SOTD: MFK Oud

19. California Dreamer

No OS shipping. Damn.

20. L'Incandescent

What I did this evening is I sprayed some Tom Ford White Patchouli right onto my own body (arm).