1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

TF Neroli Portofino: First time trying it out and it seems to be a good choice for summer. Zesty with orange. Heard that longevity is an issue which is a turn off considering the price tag.

2. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I just got Rose 31 out again yesterday after not wearing it for 8 months or so and I liked it a lot better than I used to. I don't really get the 'rose' in it, what I do get is a subdued vetiver with a buzzing cumin/pepper haze around it and some cedar. There is something mysterious about it though, and a sense that I can't quite pick out all the parts, which I find very appealing.

I cracked open Santal 33 again this morning and I still find it to be an obnoxious one-note cedar monster that makes my eyes water. I hear so many good things about this, but I can't for the life of me get past the monstrous cedar. I honestly wonder if I got a bad batch or something...

Just found out that my local Nordstrom carries the TF private blend line so I'm heading over there this morning. If I find one I really like, I might have to take it home!

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I don't get the love for Santal 33 either for the same reasons.

Today: Portrait of a Lady - now THAT"S a rose! :inlove: You get a rose that is accentuated at first by juicy red berries and then an incense starts to swirl around and this part lasts for hours and hours.

4. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

bell'antonio or invasion barbare all day urryday

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I need to get myself some more of that. Along with Noel au Balcon, it's my favorite fragrance that I don't currently have in stock.

Safran Troublant for me today. I've been kickin' it on the L'Artisan tip the last couple of days.

6. loveswatching

Carnal Flowers by FM: tuberose in a bottle.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Great perfume. Have you tried Tubereuse Criminelle?

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

Well, I didn't in the past.

:)

I wore Voyage d'Hermès in the last couple of days because all my other samples were stashed away (just moved out). Yesterday I applied some Héritage and strongly noticed the cocoa note.

9. loveswatching

Not yet. SL send me their entire line of fragrance in a wax sample format. Will check it out over the weekend.

10. Homme

Homme Senior member

It's hot and sunny so TDC Osmanthus today. Wish it was longer lasting. Egoiste yesterday.

11. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

great choice on a unique "fresh" scent that isn't boring. :)

Hermes Amazone for me today; I don't like this one (a floral aquatic from the days of "stinky" aquatics like Eau de Givenchy, Eau de Rochas, Eau sauvage, etc.) Glad I just had a small sample somebody gave me; I've tried this one numerous times over the years and just am not a fan.

12. limbo

limbo Senior member

Tried Gucci Pour Homme II. From what I can smell I like it, but my skin drinks it up and I had to press my nose to my wrist to even get anything after half an hour. Too bad.

13. rach2jlc

Try moisturizing your skin daily with an unscented lotion or oil. It should help with longevity, though Gucci PH II is not going to be one to last days and days, unfortunately.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  14. limbo

limbo Senior member

Thanks for the tip. Have never gotten into the habit of that, but it is probably a good time to start.

I heard it was not the greatest in terms of projection and longevity, and my skin doesn't help either.

15. rach2jlc

It's a good habit. I think you'll be surprised with the increased longevity, especially with citrus-heavy scents. Enjoy!