1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Today: Voyage d'Hermes Parfum

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

@green bastard: That's too bad, En Passant is a very nice scent. I'm glad I don't have female friends who strictly enforce gender norms!

Pre-shower: L'Interdit, 2003-2007 formulation. I still find it completely unremarkable, and wish Givenchy had chosen another name for it.
    SOTD: Bijou Romantique. The development of my feelings about this is interesting. At first I didn't have a strong opinion, but was leaning toward disliking it. After a couple more wearings, I started leaning the other way. Now I find myself craving it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

3. L'Incandescent

I just noticed last night that ELDO renamed their Sex Pistols fragrance. It's now called Malaise of the 1970s. Seriously, that may be the greatest name for a fragrance in the history of perfumery.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

And it's the parfum, no less! :)

5. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Not sure how it lines up with Sex Pistols but I definitely agree.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

6. tps16

tps16 Senior Member

Yesterday, Bel Ami
    Today, Mitsouko edp

7. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

L'Eau was a funny SL take on dryer sheets. Or Gendarme at about 2x the price. Still it had its fans, so L'Eau Froid (Cold Water) is getting a bit of press and has an interesting opening, (incense) but was remarkably fleeting on me. Now that I think of it, Boxueses was also rather sheer and transparent. I think SL is moving away from the spice-market aesthetic that spawned Arabie, Ambre Sultan, and Chergui.

I wanted to try the Sex Pistols scent a while back but never got around to it. Now that it's Malaise...no thanks.

Today, btw, wearing some old Brooks Brothers Sandalwood cologne. Rather pleasant.

8. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

9. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

The Brooks Brothers? Someone on FB had listed it, the big (6 oz) bottle for quite cheap. I struggled with buying it or not: I had a few bucks in the paypal account, and wanted to try another Sandalwood. But there was nothing at all anywhere on this. No reviews, no commentary, no notes listing - nada. So I was completely blind.

As for the L'Eau Froid, I got it as part of a sample bag from another friend, who got her bag of samples from a friend of hers who...and well, you know how that works.

This was odd, though: I received a decant of this stuff called Sigilli - a decant that someone had and didn't care for at all, so it passed down the line with the dismissive comment "oh, men's cologne - LOL" So I sprayed and it immediately reminded me of Clinique Tailoring for Men. Odd. I had a bottle of that in middle school or maybe early high school, it was a really dry, fairly bitter greenish lemonish sterile laboratory experiment that was discontinued. I have no idea what happened to the bottle; I certainly didn't finish it! But it was a strange memory to dredge up.

10. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Wearing my new bottle of vintage Aramis "natural cologne spray." As I said before, not really sure if there has been a reformulation, but I've never worn Aramis before, just sniffed it in passing. I'm struck by how much this smells like Balenciaga Portos, which I do have. Aramis mush surely have come first though.

11. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Today: Portrait of a Lady.

12. L'Incandescent

There are still lots of the old Sex Pistols bottles available. I was exactly the opposite: I didn't have much interest in trying Sex Pistols, but now that it's Malaise of the 1970s, I'm very keen to try it. I ordered some the other day, so we'll see.

I also ordered some Archives 69 because of the pink packaging. I don't know why, but I can't resist pink packaging.

ELDO Rossy de Palma today.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

13. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

First time summer around here this year...

SotD: Colonia Assoluta.
    SotN: Yerbamate. Too dry, almost offensive bitter/dry. And a tad pee. Drydown is still bitter but more pleasant.

14. 1969

1969 Distinguished Member

Anyone been to the Perfume House in Portland and care to share their thoughts on it?

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I'm jealous. :)

L'interdit today for a warm, but fairly dry day. The fruit/white musk/aldehydes are lovely on this kind of day... it give a dry, slightly powdery feel to balance the heat.