Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

They aren't the same scent. Not even related as far as I know. I should also say that I don't find Vintage Tabarome to be all that wearable, at least for me, but it's something you should smell if you get a chance.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG]

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Piguet's Visa. My wife bought it for me in Rome. I had never seen it before (or even heard of it).

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Wow, me neither. How is it? After the debacle that was Fracas pour homme, I gave up on Piguet.

It's early in the morning Japan-time, so I haven't decided on an SOTD yet. Thinking maybe I will give Acqua Fiorentina another round...

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I did a little looking around. Not surprisingly, it turns out to be pretty expensive! Nonetheless, I'm going to give it a try. I'm always curious about things that could be described as jolie laide, and this sounds like it really fits the bill.

On another note, I'm starting to wonder when I'm going to see a Special Edition Oudy Pebbles in the cereal aisle. (I'd buy it!)

Pre-shower: Chinatown. I love this stuff, but I just used up the last of it. I'll be buying some more for sure.
    SOTD: Rach's post reminded me of a Creed floral that I haven't worn in quite a while: Fantasia de Fleurs.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very soft, and there is definitely a family resemblance to Bandit. I am not sure how to identify what is the common note, but it is there. By soft, I don't mean floral - more of the suede you identified in Traversee de Bosphore. Not sure what that note is called either. I do like it, but it is not weird enough or perfectly composed enough for me to love yet.

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I never tried that one. I've posted this before (several times, perhaps), but of all the Creeds I had, the only real standouts were ones that were relatively unknown. Of the "famous" ones, only Silver Mountain Water I found interesting, and even then it was too pleasant/ho-hum to be worth anything close to retail price.

From the women's line, Ambre Canelle and Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie (I might have the names transposed on the latter) were nice surprises. Beyond that, Aubepine Acacia was my overall favorite... a very strange, unique citrus. Bois de santal was a very stinky sandalwood, so of course I liked it. Royal Scottish Lavender was a beautiful lavender, very soft and good quality, but it was a straight-on lavender scent... so paying $$$ doesn't make much sense. It was better, but not by leaps and bounds, than Caron pour un homme, which was 1/10th the price.

I don't recall trying vintage Tabarome, though. There are so many others I want to sniff that unless I just stumble upon a bottle, largely Creed is off my radar.

Interesting, thanks! Definitely steer clear of Fracas PH, though. If SdV had the kids saying, "dentist office," Fracas PH would have them clamoring for the exits.

When I"m back in the 'states, I need to send you some old Miss Dior parfum. I think it's got all the stink and class you'd love. It's been heavily reformulated, so I don't recommend what they've got out now.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Portrait of a Lady

Yesterday: Bain de Soleil SPF 4 Orange Gelee - smelled remarkably like Habit Rouge

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

SotN: Clive Christian - 1872 for Woman

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Stopped by Nieman's today. New MFK Oud and a new Creed for women (might be a hit with some of you guys. very apple and woods.) The MFK Oud is very very nice.

11. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

What is the name of this Apple/woody creed?

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I still have a half bottle of that from days when I actually experienced a Summer.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Acqua Fiorentina. Apparently, it was a previous scent that they discontinued. Now they've brought it back and added jubilee apples in honor of the queen's jubilee.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight: Vintage Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme