1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

Today: last of a sample of L'Eau du Navigateur. Sorry to see this is discontinued.

For the past several days: Penhaligon's LP No. 9 for Men. Spicy and a little sweet. Smells like root beer. And I mean that in the best possible way.

2. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

On me it does.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Hot and dry in the desert. Terre dHermes to connect with some wet earth

4. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

ELDO Bijou Romantique. I've been very interested to try this since it came out. It's a very strange scent, and in that way it fits comfortably into ELDO's lineup. (No juvenile marketing for this one, though.) The scent opens very powdery and sweet, with strong chocolate notes. It smells like some kind of pastry. At any rate, it's very much a foody gourmand. At this stage of the development, it's a bit too sweet for my taste. Then out of nowhere, the scent becomes very dry, earthy and grainy, with prominent notes of vetiver and patchouli (I think). The effect of those two blocs of scent together is quite remarkable. I don't think it's a scent I enjoy a lot, but it's nonetheless a very interesting piece of work.

@Rambo: I remember quite a while ago I had asked your opinion on L'Artisan Poivre Piquant. I gave it a try while you were on your tour and I really liked it a lot. Might be FBW, though I wish it had a bit better longevity.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

6. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

SotD: Elixir des Merveilles
    SotN: Olfactive Studio - Lumière Blanche

7. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Bought a bottle of Malle Portrait of a Lady today.

8. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Bijou sounds interesting.

Yeah, Poivre really is a pain in the ass that way. Rach turned me on to it a while back. Unfortunately, its almost Creed-ian in its fleetingness. If it lasted on me the way Piper Nigrum lasts on me then it would be my top pepper choice. I wish they made an Extreme version of it.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Good man.

10. L'Incandescent

I'm jealous! That stuff is soooo good!

I'm trying Kerosene Whips and Roses today. Its completely different from what I was expecting. It opens up with a very, very sharp, acidic citrus--I think it must be the blood orange that's so sharp. I don't know why, but I'm not getting much rose at all. There's a powdery note that emerges fairly quickly, but it doesn't register to me as a specifically rosy scent. The "whips" part of the name is definitely justified, though. There's a strong leather note that's not at all the sort of rich, luxurious leather you get in Creed's Royal English Leather, for example. It's a bone-dry, bitter, sharp leather.

It's hard for me to say whether I like it or not because it's so different from what I was hoping for. I need to try to smell this without the expectations I had in mind in order to give it a fair evaluation. Right now I'm really on the fence.

11. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Day: No. 22 vintage edt. Night: No. 5 edt.

12. L'Incandescent

Switched to Leonard de Leonard for what I hope will be a productive night of work. When I've got really important work to do, I usually try to wear a scent that's soft and pleasant, and that puts me in the kind of relaxed mood I need to be in to do my best work. We'll see.

13. tps16

tps16 Senior Member

Saturday, Bois du Portugal
    Sunday, Heritage. I forgot how good this is. Similar in feel to BdP but better. I should wear it more often, but it projects just a little more than I would like.
    Today, Mitsouko edp. Perfect for a grey overcast day

14. erinadarren

erinadarren New Member

Yes, mostly I love hermes products. Really good for all wear. Last time when I was at Singapore, I went to a perfume singapore I shop and I bought like Terre d hermes & Hermes 24 Faubourg parfum. Both perfume really awesome and I believe most men will love the terre d hermes scent. I have give to my husband and he really loves it. Just try. At least not waste my money to holiday at singapore. haha

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

15. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Sprayed on Lipstick Rose this morning and it powerfully reminds me of the industrial cleaning products that were used in the bathroom when I was in elementary school. That plus pencil shavings with its graphite and cedar.

It's a fascinating construction but I couldn't imagine ever going through a full bottle of this in a lifetime.

Edit: In fact I find it quite annoying.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012