• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear that. I haven't had any problems at all with STC so far. In fact, the only thing they've done wrong is give me a little bit more of a sample than I paid for. I'm glad to see they're willing to correct their mistakes without a big hassle. They're pretty much my go-to online source now.
I'm wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Musk today. Still a big fan of this one.

Love the LV Musk.

Trying to finish up a few stragglers with a few mls in the bottom, so Chanel PM (eau conc) today.

Others coming up on the last bits are Eau de Rochas, Eau de Givenchy (actually finished it up the other day), and... drumroll and thunderclap... Dior-Dior. I'll never find another bottle of this (that I"ll actually be willing to pay for) so I shall have to find a suitably important occasion.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today Ocean Rain on my right wrist. You experts help me out - I get a strong galbanum quality to it in the same vein as Chanel No 19 and then other herbaceous qualities.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yup, STC is great, but I seriously need to cut back on sampling. Spent enough for the next, probably next two years. :p

Does STC have lots of fragrances that Aus Liebe zum Duft doesn't? Or is there some other reason you order so much from STC?

Love the LV Musk.

I do wish it projected a little better. After 10 minutes or so, it starts sitting very close to the skin.

Today Ocean Rain on my right wrist. You experts help me out - I get a strong galbanum quality to it in the same vein as Chanel No 19 and then other herbaceous qualities.

There are definitely bitter green notes at the top--I find it more bitter than No. 19. Every time I smell the top of Ocean Rain, I get something a little different. There's so much going on. Sometimes I get lots of rose right at the top and sometimes I don't. Do you get that big cantaloupe note at the top?
As it dries down, I think you'll get some leather too.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I do wish it projected a little better. After 10 minutes or so, it starts sitting very close to the skin.
T.

Yeah... but it's a MUSK! A musk that projects, well, ain't a musk. :lol:
But, then again, I'm rather a purist and require my notes to do what the good lord baby jesus in a manger designed them to do.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does STC have lots of fragrances that Aus Liebe zum Duft doesn't? Or is there some other reason you order so much from STC?

Yeah. ALZD and Essenza Nobile don't stock any non-niche lines. So I got lots of stuff from Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, Hermès, YSL(, Tom Ford) and quite a few scents that ALZD/EN don't have in stock either on top of that.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
silver mountain water. the longevity on this is crap.

Last edited:

erinadarren

Reaction score
Well I dont know whether this is a correct section or not to post and even i am a woman. I ahve some recommendation for fragrance or perfume to give for men. I read some magazine like perfumes importados brazil magazine, and I was being told that now most men like the Terre D Hermes Perfume. Because the scent is woody and suitable for daytime wear. That is what i know and i believe it is the best perfume for this year

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Terre d'hermes? Never heard of that one. :lol:

J/k, welcome to the thread. Please read around and you'll see TdH discussed, perhaps, 948 times.
I will wear Eau d'hermes today in response.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Terre d'hermes? Never heard of that one. :lol:
J/k, welcome to the thread. Please read around and you'll see TdH discussed, perhaps, 948 times.
I will wear Eau d'hermes today in response.

I'm wearing L'Artisan Al Oudh today. Owing to our combined powers, all the inhabitants of the Pacific Islands are probably picking up a faint scent of cumin in the air.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: a coating of Chanel Cuir de Russie so heavily applied that my skin was glistening because ******* - I was going to Home Depot anyway to get bags of chicken **** mulch and flowers anyway.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased Terre d'Hermes duty free. I'm really loving it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amouage - Salalah Green. Oud, frankincense and some other stuff. I like it quite a lot.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm wearing L'Artisan Al Oudh today. Owing to our combined powers, all the inhabitants of the Pacific Islands are probably picking up a faint scent of cumin in the air.

Those tribes savaged by missionaries will no doubt believe it's the second coming! (or sloppy seconds)

tps16

Reaction score
33 degrees C today. ADP colonia assoluta. I was really tempted to wear Antaeus or even Habit Rouge today, but I have a meeting where that might not be so appreciated

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads