1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

It just crossed my way when I was browsing STC. I don't regret buying it. Unfortunately, there was a major problem with the seal of the 2ml-sample-atomizer. The package took 8-9 weeks to arrive (great job, duties!.. I just can't believe that L'Inc got my shipping in just one week). There's probably .25-.5ml left, the rest leaked because the screw top didn't seal it at all. I messaged STC, will see how they handle it. Didn't happen with any other sample so far though, and I've bought a lot from them.

It smells really good for being 40-50 years old, btw. Longevity is quite good for a cologne.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

today is Alvarez Gomez, an old perfumery from madrid. I like this alot...very old world and strong scent.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight: Black Aoud again. Mi gusta. Mucho.

I sprayed Royal Aoud on my left wrist and it ends up way too feminine and powdery.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

warm and muggy today. In the morning, I wore vintage Guerlain Vetiver EdC. Lovely stuff, great in warm weather.

Going out in the evening with Eau sauvage. I may take the bottle along in my bag and reapply midway through. :lol:

5. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Yesterday, Chanel No. 19
    Today, Sycomore. This works pretty well in hot weather actually. The heat seems to bring out more of the floral aspects of this on me.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Sycomore is a masterpiece.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

Just received news from STC that they'll send me a new sample of Tigress Cologne. :)

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm glad to hear that. I haven't had any problems at all with STC so far. In fact, the only thing they've done wrong is give me a little bit more of a sample than I paid for. I'm glad to see they're willing to correct their mistakes without a big hassle. They're pretty much my go-to online source now.

I'm wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Musk today. Still a big fan of this one.

9. mt219

mt219 Member

I'm gonna be rocking some Creed Aventus today

10. L'Incandescent

^^ I was very close to making Aventus my SOTD today. It was a last-minute decision to go with LV Musk instead.

11. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yup, STC is great, but I seriously need to cut back on sampling. Spent enough for the next, probably next two years. :p

Today, Creed - Encens Angelique.

12. rach2jlc

Love the LV Musk.

Trying to finish up a few stragglers with a few mls in the bottom, so Chanel PM (eau conc) today.

Others coming up on the last bits are Eau de Rochas, Eau de Givenchy (actually finished it up the other day), and... drumroll and thunderclap... Dior-Dior. I'll never find another bottle of this (that I"ll actually be willing to pay for) so I shall have to find a suitably important occasion.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today Ocean Rain on my right wrist. You experts help me out - I get a strong galbanum quality to it in the same vein as Chanel No 19 and then other herbaceous qualities.

14. L'Incandescent

Does STC have lots of fragrances that Aus Liebe zum Duft doesn't? Or is there some other reason you order so much from STC?

I do wish it projected a little better. After 10 minutes or so, it starts sitting very close to the skin.

There are definitely bitter green notes at the top--I find it more bitter than No. 19. Every time I smell the top of Ocean Rain, I get something a little different. There's so much going on. Sometimes I get lots of rose right at the top and sometimes I don't. Do you get that big cantaloupe note at the top?
    As it dries down, I think you'll get some leather too.

15. rach2jlc

Yeah... but it's a MUSK! A musk that projects, well, ain't a musk. :lol:
    But, then again, I'm rather a purist and require my notes to do what the good lord baby jesus in a manger designed them to do.